STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: FG Problem.

FG Problem.

I have bought a new PC and downloaded my FG back on it via steam. But I seem to be having the following problem with it after adjusting the lighting on the game, it gives up the ghost and when I try to reload the game it gives me the below message.
    Apologies if this is not the right place for this message:

A backup database was found, It is probably the result of an earlier program crash and has been copied to :

Campaigns\ (...)

If you find the current campaign has been corrupted, please copy this file to
    Campaigns\ (...)

to restore the backup

Blog Entries
    Close FG.
    Open the FG Data folder and go to /campaigns and then the campaign in question.
    Rename the db.xml to db.broken.xml
    Copy the most recent backup file that appears to have the correct size and rename the copy as db.xml and test.

Ok, should the backup file I choose be the largest file available? Eg out of db.backup.1551758273 or db.backup.1551853987 I would choose the latter?
    If so I tried that but to no avail.
    Last edited by Mac77; March 6th, 2019 at 06:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    I have bought a new PC and downloaded my FG back on it via steam. But I seem to be having the following problem with it after adjusting the lighting on the game, it gives up the ghost...
    A bit more information please!

1) What version of FG (shown in the top right of the main FG start screen).
    2) What ruleset?
    3) How are you changing the lighting? Via the toolbar buttons, the chat command or an extension?
    4) What do you mean by "it gives up the ghost"?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have v3.3.7
    It is the rolemaster classic ruleset.
    I have been changing the lighting with toolbar and have the theme rolemaster classic extension.
    Gives up the ghost is not very helpful I admit. After changing the lighting, the program stops responding and eventually shuts down.
    I tried it without the extensions and it still shuts down. I also have the RMC stats smooth extension.

Looks like it's an issue with the Rolemaster Classic ruleset - I can recreate the issue by changing the lighting from the window accessed from the desktop.

It doesn't crash out for me if using the /lighting chat command. Info on that here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Lighting

You may also find this extension useful: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...on-for-CoreRPG It will cause a "registerLaunchMessage" error on load, don't worry about that - you'll still be able to use the extension /ml chat command to change mood lighting - hopefully without crashing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can reproduce it also and I think I have a fix for it.

The fix for the lighting issue is in the update to the ruleset that was released today. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Thank you sir.

Thread Information