5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Dungeon of the Mad Mage color maps

Found a person on Reddit (u/deleeta87) who is making color maps for DotMM. They have done levels 1, 2, 3, 4, Stardock, and Skullport (4 maps, upper, middle, lower and island).

Thought I'd share for those that might find them useful. Here is link to the post for level 2, the rest can be found in the links in the comments (spoilers obviously).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Dungeonofth...rcane_chamber/

They look great and I'm going to attempt to use one of them in today's session. The file sizes are pretty big, even after I ran some jpg compression, but my group is all local, so I'm hoping it works out.

Very nice - thanks for sharing the link.

FG note - most of these maps have a resolution (width x height in pixels ) that is *way* too big for use within the current 32-bit version of FG. The recommendation is that maps should not be larger than 2048x2048 pixels. So, if you plan to use these maps within FG, you'll need to reduce the resolution - as they cover such a large area, the best option is probably to split the maps up into smaller portions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The author made all his MM maps available on his google drive (linked in the reddit post) https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...tuw0NVQv7sKEtd

It should be pretty easy to cut it up into sizes usable for FG.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    The player ones in the FG version should be colored as well. Did you see those already?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Very nice - thanks for sharing the link.

FG note - most of these maps have a resolution (width x height in pixels ) that is *way* too big for use within the current 32-bit version of FG. The recommendation is that maps should not be larger than 2048x2048 pixels. So, if you plan to use these maps within FG, you'll need to reduce the resolution - as they cover such a large area, the best option is probably to split the maps up into smaller portions.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'm lazy, so I did a session just using the full map and we had almost no issues. The initial load took a few min, but after that we were able to play on the map for 4 full hours without any headaches. Unmasking seems a little slow, and dragging tokens long distances is slower than normal, but those were the only two things I noticed. The DM laptop is pretty beefy, but the player laptops are pretty old (One of them is 5 years old).

Not recommending this, just reporting my results.

Apologies for the thread necro.

I was just wondering if anyone has come across any other color maps for DotMM? The maps referenced above are gorgeous. All props to the artist, but I would love to find, specifically, maps of the quality above but without all of the included inventory. I spent hours with the level one map breaking it down into FG-sized chunks, removing all of the furnishings that I didn't like with Photoshop, and then adding LoS occluders. Then I moved on to the level 2 map. Again, admittedly gorgeous, but with 10 times more furnishings that I would prefer weren't there than the first level. It's just too much time to fix. I then considered just throwing in the towel and using the purchased in-game maps like Doug suggested above. But comparing the two styles as I have with the attached pics makes that a difficult pill to swallow. I'm willing to pay for maps. I've purchased a couple of thing on DM's Guild, they just weren't what I was looking for. I would like maps with proper wall, doors, and floors but leave all of the misc inventory off.

Any help would be appreciated. I plan to move my campaign to DotMM in August so I have some time to prepare. Should I just submit and learn to make maps myself? Which piece of software then?

Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    Last edited by RustyInRT; June 21st, 2021 at 04:53. Reason: Added pic

Thread Information