DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Forbidden Lands gameplay showcase

Time to show some love for this great role-playing game that I recently discovered!
    After I updated the extension with some cosmetic enhancements, I put the Forbidden Lands Player's Handbook into module for my players! There is fully functional reference manual and libraries with skills, talents and spells for drag and drop into the character sheet!

Afterwards, I created a token pack with all official stickers and publicly available from Free League. The map stickers are not of high-enough resolution for my taste, but looks good when zoomed out. The hexes of the world map align perfectly with the hex grid! Behind is GM only map of the territories and their population, stitched from the Dungeonmaster's Guide.

Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Wow, it looks great!

I picked up the game off of the Kickstarter but have not had a chance to do anything with it yet.

The PHB module is now complete!
    So much games await...

All right! Time for some session report from the first game of Forbidden Lands in FG! It was very good I think. The group consists of two orcs that bonded together under common idea of traveling and exploring the worlds, one is druid looking for the secrets behind the veil and the other - the shinies in front of the veil (i.e. gold). They have a wolfkin that was recruited during a hunting mishap and a dwarf that they met in snowstorm while fighting for the shelter with cave bear.

After that the situation escalated quickly - some fight with the unrestful bear, snow trolls and rock-throwing competition followed by knife in the back and saving of blond woman... It was quite fun.

The group finally left the mountains and the ruin behind, venturing into the dark woods. Some wolves tried to make prey out of them, but the history now remembers the otherwise. When they entered the planes, on their road to some village marked on the map, they stumbled on goblin party stealing a boar from band of orcs....

Last edited by Valyar; April 14th, 2019 at 07:15.

The party went with their newfound orc "friends" to their camp. They feasted and exchanges stories. They learned about EMPEROR HROKA THE FIRST AND THE GREATEST and Eye of the Rose, located somewhere in the nort-west and few other potencially interested locations. Unfortunately, heavily armed group of Iron Guards and few Rust Brothers attacked the pary at dawn due to bloody raids commited by the orcs in the human lands.

All ran for their lifes. The dwarf had magic mishap and went catatonic and had to be dragged out of the ravine... Close call.

This time the showcase is of Realm Works - the power behind every module I made and game I run online. I have every resource released for Forbidden Lands entered into the realm with extremely useful hyperlinks that help during session to quickly remember what is doing what and where just by glimpsing at the text.

Looks impressive! And likely required a huge amount of work...

I won't like - it takes time and I only do that for systems I plan to run and invest a lot in - 40k, Symbaroum, Conan 2d20, Forbidden Lands, Coriolis and Call of Cthulhu. It is mostly copy-paste and some design decisions have to be made ahead of time on how to structure the realm and what categories to have. As I use Adobe Acrobat I can easily copy whole sections with formatting retained (most of the Conan has been done this way) and format quickly the article. Still takes time. But I need it, as the more supplements a game has, the harder is to have everything on the same place and I absolutely hate to browse to PDFs during session and search. I want it hyperlinked right here, right now!

I am quite fond of Fria Liga books, their structure is easily convertible to Realm Works

After short break due to work and vacations, we finally managed to make two more sessions, with some break between those two as well... Summer... what more to say

Nevertheless, there has been events such as some wolf encounters in the dark part of the forest and discovering damaged caravan on their way to The Hollows. The party decided to follow the tracks left by the caravan raiders, just to discover in abandoned tower ruins in the nearby forest that band of ogres were responsible for this. Hoping to save (or loot) the victims and the ogres, they bravely charge the tower, but not before the wolfkin rogue to successfully ambush the sleeping ogre and slit his throat. Good opening for this encounter in very tight spaces. Two characters were broken after single hit from the mighty ogre clubs, but with any long-lasting consequences from the ciritical table - just few missing teeth and concussion

Last edited by Valyar; May 28th, 2019 at 22:24.

Thread Information