STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Keeping everyone together.

Please update if you are no longer looking, thanks!

Fantasy Grounds License: Standard (5E and Xanathar's Guide to Everything)
    Time Zone: GMT-3
    Availability (Days & Times): Weekdays 8pm+ my time
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): discord, zoom, FG. Message preferred but can video and voice.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience:little
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc)&d 5e
    Game System(s) Experience: plenty
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like to play a cast-out Dwarf Barbarian with unresolved issues with his clan and family, who looks very aggressive and unapproachable but is actually kind of soft inside. I also like to play a half-elf bard deeply entrenched in humor to hide his fear of rejection. He was badly hurt by a a human past lover (which was his muse) and will be very defensive when dealing with other humans, but most of the time (unless forced to his edge or in a very uncomfortable and tight situation) will try to humor his way out of it so no one can notice.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I am happy and open to play other characters as long as they have a solid background upon which I can build (I am very into RP, sure more so than hack and slash). I have some GM experience IRL D&D, but would prefer to be a player.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): The barbarian secretly wishes to build enough of a reputation so its clan will grow back to admire it, but this is not usually very clear in his head and he will not always make the right choices to achieve that goal. The bard would like to achieve a position of power in human society (not exactly a systemic one - like nobility - given his chaotic nature, but a more 'backstage influence' one, to be the one 'secretly pulling the strings'), since a previous human muse and lover left him and hurt him pretty bad, and he has since (secretly) redirected that rejection against the entire human race.

Fantasy Grounds License: Standard
    Time Zone: GMT -5
    Availability (Days & Times): Available from 13:00 GMT to 22:00 GMT (I can bend a little on that to accommodate a great group)
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): I'm willing to adjust to the GM here. I'll grab whatever software they want to use for that. I prefer text and voice to video, but can get on board with video.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've played some pickup games and had a short run with a group, but I'd still consider myself a beginner. I do know how to function within the program though, so I shouldn't need too much hand holding on how to do basic things.
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): I've only tried a couple of systems and want to try more, so I'll learn whatever system the group is playing. If you give me a couple days warning, I'll grab the books and get familiar with them.
    Game System(s) Experience: I've played a couple of Savage Worlds and 5e one-offs. I also played through a longer campaign in the Reign system.
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I don't really have a preference. From a combat perspective, I'll play whatever the group needs, and in terms of RP, I'll just want to play what sounds like the most fun to me within the world/system at the time.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): I don't really have a character in mind yet, but I like characters that have a solid backstory, so of those two "hiding," sounds more interesting than "thrill seeker," but there's something to be said for the "wants to see the world," type of character.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I'm American, but my availablility is in the afternoon here, so an EU group is almost certainly my best option. I don't have much RP experience, but I'm ready to learn and willing to do the work to get a system figured out in time for a campaign. I am excited to play whatever character/system is needed. I tend to play a lot of support roles in video games, so I'm up for doing what benefits the group dynamic. Just let me know what you need, odds are I'm up for giving it a try since a lot of this is new to me. Oh, and I'll just give a blanket apology for America as of late right off the bat so we can all start out on the right foot. I tried to stop this crap, I really really did.
    Thanks!

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: CET (UTC+1)
    Availability (Days & Times): I am very flexible at the moment
    Communications (Voice software, text, video, etc): Discord, I can use/download other programs.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have followed the CC101 and DM101 classes at fantasy grounds collage
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e, Starfinder
    Game System(s) Experience: With D&D5e a lot as DM, not as much as a player, with SF I 1 campaign.
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): example for dnd: Arthur Pendragon, Merlin has sent him to another world. Why or how he needs to find out!
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Looking for places where magic is used to find Merlin, being an adventurer is the easiest way to find that flavor of trouble.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience, etc): I have a lot of DM experience and want to have some more player experience, no one of my local players want to take the role of DM so I try to find it online. I have experience in using roll20 but looking at the prices I am thinking of going to FG. Before I do that I would like to play and get a feel of the UI before I go and buy a license/books. For DMs looking for more Starfinder players, if you are not above helping someone learn the rules, I would be very eager to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Tbsmicro View Post
    Fantasy Grounds License: ultimate
    Time Zone: gmt
    Availability (Days & Times): most days, quite flexible but evenings no later than ending at around 11pm
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): discord
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: know the app, but only played one campaign since purchasing last year
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): only know 5e and a noob at that.
    Game System(s) Experience: was DM back in the day, AD&D, 30 odd years later and still got the bug, son got me back interested but he’s a novice too.
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I like playing a magic using character, like to fit to game, much like other posts here, am adaptable but will definitely invest heavily in the character once rolled.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): like the idea of loner type as a youth, finding a calling and working hard to gain the knowledge to show the doubters the character can be someone, now looking for the next thrill, the next experience that gains more knowledge and more kudos.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I’m a 47 yr old male, newbie to fg but willing to commit to a campaign and to learn from more experienced players. Would play any character that fits with game and group, prefer 5e system as it’s what I’ve kinda been trying to teach myself. I understand the game theories and setups but have not been a GM, would like to in future however, once I’ve played a few games as a character.
    Now sorted with group thanks.

I am an EU/UK based dm looking for EU players for Tomb of Annihilation campaign to start Thursday, April 28th 2019.

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Playing keeps-uppy.

Thanks for the game post dmkevin ��

Looking for players for a Savage Worlds Last Parsec campaign that is just about to start. Game times Mondays 8pm-11pm UK time, initialy on a fortnightly basis. Newbies to Savage Worlds welcome. Will be using Discord for voice comms. Fairly casual group. I have ultimate licence so demo users welcome. Any questions send me a PM here or grab me in FG discord where I go by the name Orsik.

You might looking into the More Core system which expands on the Core rpg setup. They have done a great deal of work on it and handles almost any dice formula out there.
    Ultimate License

im out
    Last edited by Tyl0rian; September 11th, 2019 at 01:43. Reason: i quit

Thread Information