FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Hi, I'm new to fantasy grounds and still testing how things work out.

• Fantasy Grounds License: ultimate
    • Time Zone: GMT+1
    • Availability (Days & Times): weekdays 19-22, Friday longer, Saturday all day
    • Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): voice and text ok, I don't own a webcam
    • Fantasy Grounds Experience: new to fantasy grounds
    • Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): d&d 5E / 3.5
    • Game System(s) Experience: just started with 5e, started with AD&D (yes, this old) and played up to 3.5 and DMed 3.5 myself.
      Since other systems on the way, but nothing enough to remember the rules.
      Paused (due to circumstances) playing roughly 7 years ago but missed it the whole time.
    • Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm flexible, I liked to play melee in 3.5 but in 5 the spellcasters are interesting too.
    • What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): that depends on the setting, I had the orphan seeking gold and glory; the missionary that travels to spread the word of her god; a simple thief that was framed for a crime and fled and someone that was outcast from her tribe because of her abilities.
    • About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): ok, partly answered in the other questions.
      I played with three wonderful groups at the table. One fell apart because of children.
      The second due to several people moving away and the third I needed to leave after I changed jobs.
      I never found a group that stayed together after that and therefore I started to search online.
      I DMed for a year with the 3.5E.
      Started with 5 in January.

Due to me needing to get up ridiculous early I'm not able to find a group (roughly my age) to play at the table, and I'm not comfortable to sit with a group of teenagers. (Online that's no problem, but in real life that makes me feel like a creeper).
    Last edited by Tabatha; March 29th, 2019 at 15:08. Reason: Changed the license, because of update / Autocorrect: changed out to it

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: GMT+1
    Availability (Days & Times): Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday between 18:00 and 23:00. Could go a bit longer, but will need to limit talking after 23:00.
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice only. I prefer Discord, but others are fine.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Fairly new, but I am fairly confident in my abilities. I recently migrated my homebrew campaign over from Roll20.
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5E
    Game System(s) Experience: D&D 5E
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm flexible and have no preference. As a forever-DM any chance to be a player is a chance to try something new!
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): I'd say fame and fortune would be a good one. Depending on the campaign setting and character story/background simply becoming a hero and savior of the people would work.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc):
    I have been playing D&D for about 4 years now. I started out in a small campaign that we would play once every few months. This led me to becoming a DM for a group of friends.
    We have recently finished one campaign that lasted 2 years, and moved over to FG from Roll20 for our new campaign.
    I do play as a player sometimes, but mainly oneshots. So never had much time to really flesh out a character.
    So I am very flexible when it comes to classes/roles to play. I know them all, but only played 1% of them.

If at all relevant, I am 30 years old, male, living in Belgium.
    I work in IT which does require me to be on standby sometimes. What this means: I may get a phone call which will require me to resolve some urgent issue. It's as rare as a Wish spell working as intended but it can happen.

Fantasy Grounds License: None at the moment, though I will be getting one for if I'm to join a campaign.
    Time Zone: GMT (London, etc.)
    Availability (Days & Times): Any day except monday & thursday after 6pm.
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Text is favorable, though I know most people don't do that. It's easier for my current situation however. But not play-by-post.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Little to none. Though I have experience on many other tabletop roleplaying sites and systems.
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): 5e preferred, can try to learn other systems but I'm most familiar with 5e.
    Game System(s) Experience: Exclusively 5e and another simplified ttrpg system that focused more on roleplay.
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I'm really hoping to play a ranger or a cleric at the moment, though I'm super open to other classes. I want to give Laurel, a throwaway character that I made to get a friend through a pre-campaign, an actual storyline. I've also been itching to play cleric since I haven't played much of one before. Either that, or a Wizard, I have some character ideas I'd love to use for one.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Entirely depends on the character. I've got a few different types of characters with differing motivations, and it'd be the one that gels most with a party.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I love roleplay heavy games, having to get into the nitty-gritty of a character. Little to no GM experience. Happy to try to learn other systems. Really enjoying 5e so far.

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Availability (Days & Times): Sa-Tue (19:00+)
    Communications : Voice, text, possibly video // Discord, Skype, TS
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've played a few games on here
    Game System(s) Preferred : Savage Worlds, WoD, GURPS, Shadowrun. I'm open to most anything except very system based D&D
    Game System(s) Experience: Savage Worlds, WoD, GURPS, Shadowrun
    Character(s) : I'll play anything if I can make it interesting or give it a good backstory.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? ): To be determined by the setting, the personality and the backstory
    About me : I have a decent amount of GM experience as well and, for most systems, don't need a lot of extra help. So low maintenance when it comes to systems

Fantasy Grounds License: Standard
    Availability (Days & Times): Every day (21:00+)
    Communications : Voice (pref), text, // Discord (or any other)
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Never played on FG
    Game System(s) Preferred : D&D 5E
    Game System(s) Experience: Pathfinder, WOD.
    Character(s) : I don't mind playing whatever is needed, i have some favourites tho
    What would motivate your character to adventure?: Depends on the background, setting... etc.
    About me : I'm from Spain. I've DMed a bit of PF but I'm new to D&D 5E, hoping to find a game to properly learn the system!.
    Lyna turned to the figure beside her.

"They're gone. What now?"

"As ever," said Urza, "we wait."

Hi there,
    FG noob here looking to see what it has to offer an old-time player & DM.

Time Zone: GMT
    Availability (Days & Times): Wednesday - Friday 18:00 - 23:00, Saturday & Sunday All day.
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice or Text.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Noob
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): Willing to give anything a go, but 5e prepared to learn the ropes.
    Game System(s) Experience: D&D, AD&D 1st & 2nd, D&D D20, Rolemaster, Runequest, Palladium, Harnmaster, Megatraveller, Call of Cuthulu, MERP, Warhammer FRP all 20+ years ago with paper, pencil & miniatures.
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Typically like in your face combat characters, so roleplaying tends to be minimal except when needed. Such as in towns or dealing with non-monster NPC's. Warrior Priests/ Battle Clerics.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): My characters are typically thrill seekers out looking for a fast buck. Doing things for the right reasons generally provides minimal motivation outside of whether my god would approve.

About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc):
    As you can see from my pencil & paper experience I was a long time ago a very active player and DM, but people grow up and move away and playing groups get smaller till there are none left. As a DM I am most experienced with AD&D 2nd Edition having run campaigns for about 10 years on and off. I also DM'd Harnmaster and MERP at times to change things up a bit for myself and players. I am happy to play any system and to play any character needed to round the group out.
    Last edited by Lonarandir; April 13th, 2019 at 10:48.

Fantasy Grounds License: Demo right now (I only just joined FB) happy to purchase Standard
    Availability (Days & Times): 6.30-7.00pm GMT any evening is possible.
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Voice or video. Discord and Skype available right now
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: totally new to FG but have some experience of another online platform
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e preferred, but open to other games too
    Game System(s) Experience: Returned to my love of D&D in the last year and a half, after years away playing other systems (Cthulhu, Paranoia, Shadowrun, White Wolf/Storyteller). A local tabletop game I was in sadly came to a preparture end due to DM real-life commitments. So I'm ready for a new game!
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): I love playing utility & support roles, especially casters. I like characters that aim to make the others better around them. I find Druid & Rogue do this and give me the most visceral connection with the environment. Also, Knowledge based characters where the DM enjoys the demands of this aspect of a game. I'm really interested to play a Knowledge Cleric.
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Campaign specific. I love a good emotional hook and a drive that is shared with other characters. Not really interested in the whole solo dark secret angle.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I'm looking to play in a 5e game now, but have DMd in the past. I'm up for occasional one-shot DMing (5e, Cthulhu, Paranoia, Fate) to sub-in when a DM is unavailable. Ultimately I'll happily play any type of character when the gorup of people playing feels right and the character feels like it fits the setting/story/campaign. I like all phases of play and am an Actor type of player who happens to also love the mechanical cruch of rules and dice.
    Last edited by Erkle; March 10th, 2019 at 19:37.

Bump. To keep EU players in one place for GMs to find.

If you find a group, please update your post here to say so. Keeps the list current.

Fantasy Grounds License: Demo (I want to try it first before buying)
    Time Zone: CET
    Availability (Days & Times): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday around 5 pm
    Communications (Voice software, text, video etc): Discord, I can use/download other programs.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: None, looking to get some. I have seen a video on how to use it. (Taking 20)
    Game System(s) Preferred (D&D 3.5e, GURPS etc): D&D5e, would love to try out Starfinder (though no experience or game knowledge)
    Game System(s) Experience: With D&D5e a lot as DM, not as much as a player.
    Character(s) (what you'd ideally like to play, in no more than 5 lines): Arthur Pendragon, Merlin has sent him to another world. Why or how he needs to find out!
    What would motivate your character to adventure? (Hiding, thrill seeker, etc): Looking for places where magic is used to find Merlin, being an adventurer is the easiest way to find that flavour of trouble.
    About me (Other relevant information. eg You're happy to play any character/system, GM experience etc): I have a lot of DM experience and want to have some more player experience, no one of my local players want to take the role of DM so I try to find it online. I have experience in using roll20 but looking at the prices I am thinking of going to FG. Before I do that I would like to play and get a feel of the UI before I go and buy a license/books. For DMs looking for more Starfinder players, if you are not above helping someone learn the rules, I would be very eager to play!

Availability (Days & Times): Friday and/or Saturday after 18:00GMT.
    Term: Very Long Term
    Communications: Voice Discord, No Video, open to text only adventures
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to the System
    Game System(s) Preferred: D&D 5th Edition
    Game System(s) Experience: New to D&D 5th Edition, Half a LMoP (A Month maybe 2).
    Character(s): Gloom Stalker Ranger Played as a Bounty Hunter, or a Fighter.
    What would motivate your character to adventure?: Gold, Companionship.
    About me:
    I am Michael, a 32 year old from the lower middle area of England that's not London, i am not a fan of min/maxing mainly because my math is bad, so i would like a heavy story driven campaign with about 60/40 split RP/Battle i enjoy intrigue, puzzles/riddles.

My experience is somewhat new and i am still learning, so a group with patience would be good, i am not good with doing voices.

I am open to any brew, Home or Wizards i just want to role die.

Thread Information