DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    ... would it be possible to add a command line prompt to trigger the hidden dice roll...
    My initial perception of this is, that it’s more complicated than it sounds. Intercepting “/“ commands in the chat is simple. But routing them might be tough. They’re going to have to go through the character sheet if I’m to reuse my work investment. So there has to be a handle to the character sheet. What if the player had two characters, a side kick, a valet, a minion or familiar? What if the character’s name changes (as it does with my Druid Wild Shapes extension)? Obtaining a reliable handle might not be trivial.

I’ll look at this, but it might be more than I’m willing to take on. Especially right now, I’m pretty busy.

I’m not near FG right now or I'd do this myself, what happens if you drag the skill, e.g. acrobatics, on to the shortcuts bar? If it works at all it probably pre-evaluates the roll and saves result. I.e you roll the same acrobatics check value each time you use the saved shortcut.

When you drag skill rolls to the bar they do roll when pressed - though visibly.

I thought you might be able to capture the command in the chat window with the name of the skill. Followed by a quick traverse through the skills for the current character to match the name skill to and then to trigger the dice roll hidden.

The function keys do change when you select a different character.

I know its a way easier said then done..... One can hope that its possible.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    The function keys do change when you select a different character.
    I don’t use the shortcuts very much, so I did not know this. It’s quite encouraging. It implies each character has their own set of shortcuts, so a slash (“/“) command sent to the chat from the shortcut bars, captured by, and processed in the character sheet code, would target the correct character. Capture and processing are easy with the target resolved (“he says with all the confidence of the ignorant””).

The currently active PC is known as the "Current Identity" in the FG development documentation. See this API call: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...urrentIdentity
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Trenloe, I’ll do that.

I am trying to use both the death indicator extension and the LDTE extension and I am running into a minor display issue when both extensions are enabled. They both seem to be tweaking the same rough area of the char sheet, so I am hoping that you two authors can work together to make them compatible with each other. I am posting this same message in both threads.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nded-Version)/
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ension-(LDTE)/

The issue is that when both are enabled, it cases the LDTE tower symbol to overlap the Inspiration points making them impossible to use.
    With only Death indicator enabled.
    only death indicator.jpg
    With only LDTE enabled
    Only LDTE Installed.jpg

with both enabled.
    Both LDTE and Death Indicator installed.jpg

Thank you both
    Last edited by mattekure; September 14th, 2019 at 20:07.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I am trying to use both the death indicator extension and the LDTE extension and I am running into a minor display issue when both extensions are enabled. They both seem to be tweaking the same rough area of the char sheet, so I am hoping that you two authors can work together to make them compatible with each other. I am posting this same message in both threads.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nded-Version)/
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ension-(LDTE)/

The issue is that when both are enabled, it cases the LDTE tower symbol to overlap the Inspiration points making them impossible to use.
    With only Death indicator enabled.
    only death indicator.jpg
    With only LDTE enabled
    Only LDTE Installed.jpg

with both enabled.
    Both LDTE and Death Indicator installed.jpg

Thank you both
    Disregard this request. I have a fix for this in my Death Indicator extension. Yes, we are both modifying the same controls, which is why both extensions clash. So, I basically test for the tower control and, if it exists, I overwrite the changes made by the LTDE extension. This allows both extensions to play nice with each other. I will be releasing the fix very soon. I'm actually done with testing and am working on documentation. Please bear with me because I have a bad hip that was replaced in 2017, but still causes me great pain.

I have posted version 4.0 of the Death Indicator extension that has the fix for the display issue when the LTDE extension is also running. You can download it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ended-Version)
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; September 15th, 2019 at 04:53.

Hmm, ... I'm not sure but I fear I'm doing something wrong. I set up a new 5E campaign, with the only active extension the LDTE on FGC 3.3.98 ULT - but no dice tower on the character sheet. (See screenshot, opened the new character right after starting the campaign) What could I be missing? dicetower.jpg

Blog Entries
    Your description of the issue implies that the instance you have open is the DM’s instance, the Local Dice Tower doesn’t show up in the DM’s instance; only the players see it.

Thread Information