STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 16 First ... 513141516 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Hey Minty! I hope the move went well.

I would personally be fine with the player in question making death saves be aware of the pass/fail count. It is keeping it a mystery for the other players who need to take action to help is what I was seeking.
    I play with death saves rolled automatically for unconscious players. So in my mind the ideal function for the extension would be that the player who is downed would be the following:
    1 - Player starts their turn and the death save is automatically rolled
    2 - Roll is hidden from all but the DM.
    3 - The DM sees the result and the downed player knows the result based on whether a pass/fail was added to their sheet.

Other's preference may vary, but that would be perfect for me
    I can definitely understand that trying to keep it hidden from the player making the death save would be difficult.
    Thank you Minty for this, and my feelings are the same as this posted above.

Pretty much the player will know as it will update the pass/fail in their charsheet, no need for another msg in chat just for them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    The player can see the results due to the ticks on his character.

On this basis I would be happy for the results only to be sent to the GM.
    If I read and understood everything correctly, in the posts above, ColinBuckler is the only one desiring the "tallies" of the successful and failed death saves not be reported on the Player's Character Sheet.

So, I have been able to hide the Death Saving Throw tallies on the Player's copy of the Character Sheet.
    But there's a problem... (maybe?)

In the screen shot below, notice:
    • Death saving throws are directed to the Dice Tower (center panel, not circled)
    • There is an option in the Options Utility to hide death save tallies (circled in red, left most panel)
    • The tallies are not shown on the player's character sheet (right panel, circled in red)
    • When the character successfully saves the third time, "Stable" is reported Stable in the Chat Box (in red, center panel)

Untitled.png

I suspect the reported "Stable" Effect is undesirable?
    (Interestingly, upon the third failure, "death" is not reported, probably because it isn't an Effect.)

Comments, ColinBuckler (and others)?

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    If I read and understood everything correctly, in the posts above, ColinBuckler is the only one desiring the "tallies" of the successful and failed death saves not be reported on the Player's Character Sheet.

So, I have been able to hide the Death Saving Throw tallies on the Player's copy of the Character Sheet.
    But there's a problem... (maybe?)

In the screen shot below, notice:
    • Death saving throws are directed to the Dice Tower (center panel, not circled)
    • There is an option in the Options Utility to hide death save tallies (circled in red, left most panel)
    • The tallies are not shown on the player's character sheet (right panel, circled in red)
    • When the character successfully saves the third time, "Stable" is reported Stable in the Chat Box (in red, center panel)

Untitled.png

I suspect the reported "Stable" Effect is undesirable?
    (Interestingly, upon the third failure, "death" is not reported, probably because it isn't an Effect.)

Comments, ColinBuckler (and others)?
    Well I kinda like not showing the player the tallies also, however, if it's not able to be done (which clearly it is), I would have of liked it to be limited to just the player who is rolling (or in this case not rolling because the tower is) them.

So these options are great.

Is there a way it can report a GM only Stable effect?

I love the possibilities, whichever one you're able to do. If I had to choose, getting rid of the stable message to all players is more important than hiding the tally from the player's own character sheet, but even the base functionality is great.

Blog Entries
    Version 0.0.14 has been posted to the Forge.

There is a new option, "death saving throws", in the Options Manager Tool, amid the other Local Dice Tower Extension (LDTE) options. Unlike the other LDTE settings, there are four choices for the setting: "No", "Yes", "No Tallies" and "GM Only". Given the discussion in the several prior posts, the two additional settings should be relatively self-explanatory.

Because of the holiday season and my desire to get this version posted, I don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to a detailed explanation of each of the new options. I will add more details if and when they're required.

"Yes" - all ruleset functionality is unchanged except the rolls are routed through the Dice Tower.

"No Tallies" - at the beginning of each death saving throw the "successful" and "failed" saving throw checkmarks are cleared and the result of the current saving throw is displayed. So at any time, only one death saving throw result is displayed. The GM and/or Player must (mentally) keep track of the total of all "successes" and "fails". (This methodology was necessary to prevent telegraphing deaths and effects (e.g. "Stable") to all players. It's a simple method that will help ensure future compatibility with other extension use and ruleset changes, I hope .)

"GM Only" - functionality is the same as "No Tallies" except the "tally" areas for "successes " and "failures" is hidden from all players.

If you want the player to be the only one who knows the results of a roll, i.e. the roll is also hidden from the GM, the player will either have to roll a physical die or drag a roll on to the desktop outside the chat area and keep a mental track of the tallies.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; December 21st, 2022 at 19:24.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thank you for this new feature edition, Minty!
    I will try out the various settings with my group.

Version 0.0.14 has been posted to the Forge.

There is a new option, "death saving throws", in the Options Manager Tool, amid the other Local Dice Tower Extension (LDTE) options. Unlike the other LDTE settings, there are four choices for the setting: "No", "Yes", "No Tallies" and "GM Only". Given the discussion in the several prior posts, the two additional settings should be relatively self-explanatory.

Because of the holiday season and my desire to get this version posted, I don't have as much time as I'd like to devote to a detailed explanation of each of the new options. I will add more details if and when they're required.

"Yes" - all ruleset functionality is unchanged except the rolls are routed through the Dice Tower.

"No Tallies" - at the beginning of each death saving throw the "successful" and "failed" saving throw checkmarks are cleared and the result of the current saving throw is displayed. So at any time, only one death saving throw result is displayed. The GM and/or Player must (mentally) keep track of the total of all "successes" and "fails". (This methodology was necessary to prevent telegraphing deaths and effects (e.g. "Stable") to all players. It's a simple method that will help ensure future compatibility with other extension use and ruleset changes, I hope .)

"GM Only" - functionality is the same as "No Tallies" except the "tally" areas for "successes " and "failures" is hidden from all players.

If you want the player to be the only one who knows the results of a roll, i.e. the roll is also hidden from the GM, the player will either have to roll a physical die or drag a roll on to the desktop outside the chat area and keep a mental track of the tallies.
    Wow nice, I will test it out when I can and report back, great work!

Thank you so much @Minty23185Fresh, the update is working great for us no issues.

I did notice an issue while being a player and table setting to 3 inspiration slots while using this and MNM's Charsheet Tweaks, not sure if you guys can work it out.

LDTE and MNM Charsheet Tweaks.jpg

As you can see here it pushes the box to the left and makes it so you can't click the dots there. I'm going to post this to MNM also, but is this something you think only one needs to fix? or does it require both to be fixed?

Blog Entries
    @MrDDT I assume "MNM" is "Mad Nomad's"? I went to the Forge to find the "Charsheet Tweaks" extension. It is a "pay for" extension.

It is my opinion that when someone charges for a product, that comes with a certain amount of ethical responsibility to ensure robustness.

When an extension of mine conflicts with a "pay for" product, again my opinion is, addressing the inter-extension compatibility is on them.

My extensions are shared with the community without charge because I do not want to bind my time and myself to the responsibility of ensuring robustness. I specifically state in the forums thread that there may be conflicts with other extensions. I don't guarantee that my extension will work with others.

I also won't buy something that I don't want or need. (And I will not accept it as a gift - that would bind me to that same ethical responsibility.)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; January 30th, 2023 at 15:19.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

@MrDDT I assume "MNM" is "Mad Nomad's"? I went to the Forge to find the "Charsheet Tweaks" extension. It is a "pay for" extension.

It is my opinion that when someone charges for a product, that comes with a certain amount of ethical responsibility to ensure robustness.

When an extension of mine conflicts with a "pay for" product, again my opinion is, addressing the inter-extension compatibility is on them.

My extensions are shared with the community without charge because I do not want to bind my time and myself to the responsibility of ensuring robustness. I specifically state in the forums thread that there may be conflicts with other extensions. I don't guarantee that my extension will work with others.

I also won't buy something that I don't want or need. (And I will not accept it as a gift - that would bind me to that same ethical responsibility.)
    I agree with your opinion of that and I didn't know if this was something you could do easy on your end with or without that ext, thank you for looking into it.

As I said I posted it to MNM also. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thread Information