DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

SFS #1-02: Fugitive on the Red Planet Sun March 3 @ 1.30 PM GMT

Tier 1-4, subtier will depend on the players. I do recommend a somewhat balanced party though. It may also be necessary to use a pregen as a 4th player.

Please be aware this is a very short scenario. It can be finished in under 2 hours.

Probably #1-22 (tier 1-4), #1-33 (tier 3-6), #1-03 (tier 1-4, if we have enough players) and #1-21 (tier 3-6) next.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

Theft cannot be tolerated, especially when the culprit is a former Starfinder! The PCs travel to the red world of Akiton, hot on the heels of a deserting Starfinder who stole a magical relic from the vaults of the Lorespire Complex. Things get complicated when they discover what should be a dreary town in Akiton's wastelands is now positively jubilant. Could this revelry, not to mention the re-opening of town's formerly defunct mining operations, be related to the wayward Starfinder?

Written by Jim Groves.

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: None

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar, stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

Edit: 4 spots filled so far (3 on FG, 1 outside of FG).

Note to self to include in next game announcement:

*** Please do not reply to this message. Instead, please post in the game thread linked above.***

Going forward, please apply exclusively on the FG forums (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient), on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread. First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.
    Last edited by stephan_; March 2nd, 2019 at 08:29.

UraniumSlug
    Count me in! Lvl 1 Mystic

A shorter scenario will be nice after that marathon last week - not sure how anyone could have finished that one in under 5 hrs.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure it will take around 2 hours but please reserve 3 hours just in case. I highly doubt we'll need them but it's better to be cautious.

Alright, looks like we are up to five players, one spot still open. If you haven't already done so, please include your character level and class so the other players know what subtier and party composition to expect. With level 1 characters, there's always the (low but still possible) risk of a critical combined with a high damage roll, so if in doubt, I do recommend the lower subtier.

I also recommend posting in this thread to be notified about any updates. If you are still deciding, just write TBD or something else so the other players know not to base their own decision on yours.

If anyone needs the server up to build a character or needs a short introduction to FG, feel free to tell me. I can usually have it up on GMT evenings or during the weekend if I know it in advance.

bringing a vesk soldier 1
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Looks like we are down to four players again.

@AlanGeorge: For planning purposes: Are you new to SF and/or FG? Have you already created a character?

If there is still room, I can be available I have been DM'ing for nearly 3 years and my last group fell apart when my son joined the army and another character player moved. Count me as a level 2 fighter or ranger.
    Last edited by steve-lynn; March 2nd, 2019 at 05:28. Reason: Adding player

There still is room available. Be aware though that this is a Starfinder Society game, not 5E or Pathfinder.

So there are no fighter and ranger classes (but something similar). As this is an Organized Play game, you would also have to have a SFS legal character (see SFS Guide on the paizo website) or use a pregen.

hey there, I would love to join you on you adventures in space. I am a newer starfinder player having only play a few homebrew games and one society game. But don't let my inexperience stop you, i am eager to learn and play.

I was hoping to play a human mechanic.

Sure, welcome.

As long as you are good on the basics, you should be good to go: Mostly you should know general frequent actions your character can take and any character-specific actions. Fortunately no starship combat in this one (as it can be harder to pick up).

The choice of character is entirely up to you (as long as it is SFS legal of course, see Appendix 1 of the Guide). Starfinder is usually diverse enough to allow even two characters of the same class to be reasonably dissimilar (more so with some classes though).

Two questions:

Are you familiar with the FG basics (skills rolls, saving throws, attack rolls, targeting, ...)?

Do you need the server up to build your character on FG? I'll probably have the server up one hour before the game but could have it up prior if necessary.

I'll also need your prior chronicle to know your starting fame, credits, etc but that's not too urgent. Contact details in game announcements on the game calendar.

@everyone: With that, all six spots would be currently filled (though I'm not entirely sure that everyone will actually show up).

Thread Information