DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Try the extension. /die 1d60+1d6 will work with this extension.

No game will be written to the level that 5E has been written to.
    5E sells anywhere from 20x (to the 3rd most popular system) to 2000x the number of units so the system wont be as full featured - its just not possible.
    You should post your feedback in the WOIN thread.

I have, I was probably over critical but for $20 I expect an actual product. I find it obnoxious that a game which has a completely open license would be locked in the "vault". If you ever wanted to keep something from reaching the 5E level of completeness that is a sure fire way to achieve that goal. While I do not have the skills yet to bring this to fruition, I do have the dedicated play group to support me in bringing about the tools we need to finish our transition to FG. I'll probably contact EN Publishing and see what they can think of, or how they feel about this being sold here at full price. And debate the merit of a refund until there is a sale that puts the price point in line with the product or until I can see movement on a product I cannot even put my spare time into.

Blog Entries
    You could also contact SmiteWorks.
    In my opinion - no FG ruleset should be so cheap (Im also looking at you Savage Worlds and Castles and Crusades). While the hundreds of hours that went into the ruleset may not have it at the stage that it could or should be - the dev has probably earnt very little from it and is probably struggling to justify spending more on it...
    Just two separate views of the same picture...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You could also contact SmiteWorks.
    In my opinion - no FG ruleset should be so cheap (Im also looking at you Savage Worlds and Castles and Crusades). While the hundreds of hours that went into the ruleset may not have it at the stage that it could or should be - the dev has probably earnt very little from it and is probably struggling to justify spending more on it...
    Just two separate views of the same picture...
    I think I saw you also express this as a catch-22 in another thread. If you dont make any money you wont continue developing and if the set isn't up to snuff people wont buy. It is my understanding though that as a creator you only earn for the first year a product is offered. I'm not sure when WOIN went for sale, but th thread in this channel goes back to 2017, and no work has been mentioned since at least July of 2018. My 2 coppers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrelief View Post
    I think I saw you also express this as a catch-22 in another thread. If you dont make any money you wont continue developing and if the set isn't up to snuff people wont buy. It is my understanding though that as a creator you only earn for the first year a product is offered. I'm not sure when WOIN went for sale, but th thread in this channel goes back to 2017, and no work has been mentioned since at least July of 2018. My 2 coppers.
    The Dev will continue to earn commission as long as they support the product.
    It doesnt help the end user situation I get that and Im not dismissing the end users needs or expectations at all.
    I was just adding some more info if that makes sense.
    I would love to see happy people posting about the ruleset.

Thanks for the continued information. I must have misread that the creator only received royalties for a year. I really wish there was more transparency, I have a game next week and I am really doubting my ability to produce a seamless experience.

Blog Entries
    I havent used the WOIN system or ruleset but I run a lot of stuff using the MoreCore generic ruleset.
    I dont think I ever run a seamless experience. Use what works well and fudge the bits that are rough and you will likely find that it still works well.

There may well be different agreements different devs/rulesets have been setup under.
    I believe that if the dev continues to support the system they continue to earn a commission.

SmiteWorks dont have the capacity to support the smaller rulesets.

Thread Information