5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Need help with DOE and syrinscape

So i am new to fantasy grounds and even newer to the use of DOE. I don't understand programming or any of the coding lingo so i am having a really hard time as to make things work at all.

Lets start with my objective and what i want to achieve. I want to use Syrinscape to add sounds to keywords from the chat box. I have watched the you-tube video on how to use the extension in fantasy grounds when everything is loaded, that's not the problem. The issue i am having is getting everything downloaded and into the correct folders. I have searched on the forums for duluz oz's doe which are the ones i want to use. I have looked on the forums and everyone is talking about a extensions folder and i don't seem to have one, so i made one and added the DOESound.ext to that folder. I have boon looking for the Base extension file but cant find it. All i can find is the DORcore file which confuses the hell out of me.

Would really appreciate a step by step with links that i can use to achieve my goal. I know you tech guys know more than me and would appreciate your help.

Thank you so much community

Welcome to the FG forums!

For downloading extensions, you need to put them in your <FG app data>\extensions directory - it should already be there. Get to the <FG App Data> directory by clicking the folder icon in the top right hand of the main FG startup screen. Details on installing extension files here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...iew#Extensions

There are detailed instructions in the FG module ("DOE_Sound_Manual.mod") available in the extension thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ound-Extension

Download the module file, put it in your <FG App data>\modules directory. Details on installing a module file here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...erview#Modules

Then, load up your campaign and activate that module - then read through the library entries.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Vehlk, welcome to FG.

The extensions folder is where your other FG data is kept. Click the small folder icon at the top right of the start screen to find where that is. One of the folders will be your extensions folder place the DOE sound extension and the base extension in that folder.

You can get the base extension here. And the Sound extension here. (The download link is at the bottom off the first post).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Awesome! Now i am half way there. After i put the DOE Sound Extention ext in the folder and the Base Extension in, only the base Extension is able to be selected the sound extension had a red X. Any idea what i might be missing

Blog Entries
    Red X indicates a version conflict. Make sure that you have the latest DOE Base and DOE Sound as well your FG is updated to 3.3.7. Post screenshots of your extensions selection window and chat start if that doesn't resolve it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

i do have the 3.3.7 FG version i did took a screen shotUntitled.png

Quote Originally Posted by Vehlk View Post
    You have base extension v3.2.0.

The Sound extension thread details the dependency of v3.2.1: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ound-Extension

Please don't think I'm being condescending here. I know how boring reading documentation can be, and it's much more exciting to just jump into it - but for most things FG, and for this extension in particular, I'd recommend taking time to read the details in the extension threads and make sure you have the right versions of extensions and dependencies installed, and that you've gone through the provided reference manual module. We'll always be here to help if needed, but getting it right first time will lead to less frustration and wasted time in the long run!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My answer has nothing to do with your actual problem but I see on your picture that you selected all themes Do only select one theme to avoid strange theme errors in your actual game (as Trenloe mentioned here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...antasy-grounds, too ) This has nothing to do with your sound problem; but I wanted to mention that before you wonder about theme problems after you've solved the sound problem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 26th, 2019 at 21:56.

you all good trenloe lol. I am just trying to figure this out. so i chased down the link u gave and read over everything and cant find a download link for v 3.2.1 only 3.2.0. The link you have just keeps looping me around in a circle with no dl link for the base what so ever. maby a screen shot would help me out a bit more. appreciate all your advice

so i am editing this post. i found the link it was hidden and not very well labled as to were to download the newest version. But got it worked out, thank you all you have been a amazing help and hope to gm for you all one day enjoy the rest of your week!!
    Last edited by JingleBeard; February 27th, 2019 at 02:25.

Blog Entries
    you all good trenloe lol. I am just trying to figure this out. so i chased down the link u gave and read over everything and cant find a download link for v 3.2.1 only 3.2.0. The link you have just keeps looping me around in a circle with no dl link for the base what so ever. maby a screen shot would help me out a bit more. appreciate all your advice
    So you went here? https://github.com/FG-Community-Devs.../REMs/Dulux-Oz

From there LEFT clicked on the DOE Base link? (Do not right Click 'save-as') on this; https://github.com/FG-Community-Devs...Oz/DOEBase.ext

From that page click the "Download" button?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information