STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    One work around I found is to switch defeated foes to the neutral faction, which obviously won't work if neutral is also a foe, but does for two faction combat. Seems to work well enough until a real fix comes along. I do this when I see incapacitation in the tracker but before I apply the damage. If for some reason the foe gets back up then just switch back to red and should go back to counting.
    Good idea. I'll give it a go next session! Thanks for the tip, because this bug gets annoying when there's lots of foes and such all mixed together with blood spots...

One thing we've been doing is AFTER noticing the issue, we drag fighting factions away from the blood spatter... This isn't as good (nor clean) an option/fix as your suggestion.

The blood splats and gang up are working fine for me, so i am a bit confused. Are you removing the incapacitated npc with the little red button on the combat tracker?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    The blood splats and gang up are working fine for me, so i am a bit confused. Are you removing the incapacitated npc with the little red button on the combat tracker?
    No, I didn't know about the little red button... I will that today. I remove them by right clicking the NPC in combat tracker and selecting delete NPC. This removes them from the map, and leaves a blood splatter.

Quote Originally Posted by YamaShintaku View Post
    No, I didn't know about the little red button... I will that today. I remove them by right clicking the NPC in combat tracker and selecting delete NPC. This removes them from the map, and leaves a blood splatter.
    That worked perfectly. I had no idea that the red "delete item" button appeared after someone becomes incapacitated, so I've always right clicked and selected delete. Thanks for the tip!!

That worked perfectly. I had no idea that the red "delete item" button appeared after someone becomes incapacitated, so I've always right clicked and selected delete. Thanks for the tip!!
    It seems like you would want the gang up rules to recognize incapacitated enemies as well, regardless of whether they were actually "dead."

EDIT: I just did a test and taking the enemies out of the combat tracker with the "red button" does work. It does seem weird that the "Incapacitated" status doesn't actually do anything, not even removing the enemies from contributing to gang up.
    Last edited by Reynard203; May 1st, 2019 at 01:33.

This "dead dudes still gang-up" bug reared it's ugly head in our last session. I posted a video to share. Here's a timeline of what is happening in there:

A PC, Rocky, does a Sweep attack and kills six thugs. You will see me individually accepting (apply) the incapacitate, then I click the red button twice for each bad guy, which leaves a blood splatter. Our game continues for a while until another thug runs up and attacks Rocky. He gets a +4 gang up bonus even though there are no bad guys anywhere near them. BTW - The G token is just a marker for an illusion and not an NPC.

I think I see what is happening. Try setting the bad guys as enemies. It is the little square box with a face in it - it is showing as green for friendlies - it should be red for baddies.

I think I see what is happening. Try setting the bad guys as enemies. It is the little square box with a face in it - it is showing as green for friendlies - it should be red for baddies.
    Thanks! I think they are neutral (or whatever "blank" is), I will try setting them to enemy for our next session and see what happens.
    Last edited by YamaShintaku; May 4th, 2019 at 18:35.

I still cannot get the Blood Spatter to appear for a defeated enemy. The token just vanishes and that is that.

I have the Map: Defeated Markers option set to On, the NPC's i test have the Defeated Marker: Blood set there and whether i remove the person from the CT by right clicking or using the red button, no blood spatter.

Any ideas?

I am not sure. Are you running any extensions? If so, try turning them all off.

Thread Information