STAR TREK 2d20
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Ikael, I just want to say thank you for the substantial improvement in Savage Worlds automation! Its awesome!

That being said, there are a couple of questions/features I want to mention:

1. Would it be possible to automate the damage effects of the Brute edge?
    2. Equipped shields, with effects loaded, only work vs NPCs and NOT vs PCs. Can this be updated to work vs either?
    3. Can we add the ability for players to create/add/update/delete effects to themselves in the CT? Currently, it seems only the GM can create and manage effects, even if we add existing to our own characters.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    Ikael, I just want to say thank you for the substantial improvement in Savage Worlds automation! Its awesome!

That being said, there are a couple of questions/features I want to mention:

1. Would it be possible to automate the damage effects of the Brute edge?
    2. Equipped shields, with effects loaded, only work vs NPCs and NOT vs PCs. Can this be updated to work vs either?
    3. Can we add the ability for players to create/add/update/delete effects to themselves in the CT? Currently, it seems only the GM can create and manage effects, even if we add existing to our own characters.

Thanks again!
    My campaigns are not having this issue. You don't need to make an effect on the CT anymore, just the item.

You might need to re-drop the items if they don't have [Parry +1] already.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It works vs NPC/Monsters just like you've shown. Are you seeing these results for player attacking player @EruTheOne?

Yeah, that attack line was one PC attacking another.

Guys, are you also having problems with extensions in V4 (SWD)?

For some reason, extensions like Sound, DOE Base, DOE Weather, DOE OLE and the Themes Brown and Gray are missing when I try to create a new SWD campaign. They are all available for SWADE though.

I've checked the data folder and they are all in the proper folders.

Am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Solden View Post
    Guys, are you also having problems with extensions in V4 (SWD)?

For some reason, extensions like Sound, DOE Base, DOE Weather, DOE OLE and the Themes Brown and Gray are missing when I try to create a new SWD campaign. They are all available for SWADE though.

I've checked the data folder and they are all in the proper folders.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Had the same problem. None of those extensions have SWD listed as a valid ruleset, which is why they don't show up in the list. I tried manually adjusting the xml per another's suggestion to add it, but it didn't work as hoped, but I may have done something wrong since I'm no xml guru. You'll most likely have to do without until the various extension authors update them if you must run SWD. However, I'd recommend starting any new campaign in SWADE anyway since it is the future and (IMO) a better ruleset.

Had a complication in my SW FG game last night.

My friend did the Upgrade before joining the table. He is using a Mac.

Maybe an hour into gaming, his mouse froze up in FG. Worked fine outside of FG. He re-booted and his FG would not load completely. He reinstalled the FG software. It finally reloaded. Thirty minutes later, same circumstance.

He felt it might be something to do with Google Chrome. any thoughts on this?
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    Had the same problem. None of those extensions have SWD listed as a valid ruleset, which is why they don't show up in the list. I tried manually adjusting the xml per another's suggestion to add it, but it didn't work as hoped, but I may have done something wrong since I'm no xml guru. You'll most likely have to do without until the various extension authors update them if you must run SWD. However, I'd recommend starting any new campaign in SWADE anyway since it is the future and (IMO) a better ruleset.
    This seems to be correct in this case. In the DOE Sound extension thread Dulux-Oz indicated he would need to extension to include the SWD ruleset (I'm assuming he is aware of the split between Savage Worlds and SWD).

Just wanted to chime in - I downloaded a space theme I was hoping to use, but it appears to not be available for the SavageWorlds Ruleset (but I can clearly see it when I tab over the the D&D ones).

That's an option. However, the problem is I'm one of the 5 people in the world who didn't like SWADE =( I'd rather stay with the deluxe edition and I also have an entire campaign based on the deluxe version. I did an update today and now the themes have been included. I hope the other extensions, especially the Sound extension can be included soon.

Thread Information