DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Solden View Post
    That's an option. However, the problem is I'm one of the 5 people in the world who didn't like SWADE =( .
    I've also found that for now it's way simpler to run a DLR campaign with SWD than SWADE (even though I love the changes), especially until the official update documents come out and maybe (hopefully) the DLR modules will be updated with them.
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

I may have discovered a bug with the ganging up modifiers tonight: even after enemies were defeated the ganging up modifies remained automatically incorporated. We thought maybe it was because we were using the defeated enemy token (the blood splatter) but did not have an opportunity to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard203 View Post
    I may have discovered a bug with the ganging up modifiers tonight: even after enemies were defeated the ganging up modifies remained automatically incorporated. We thought maybe it was because we were using the defeated enemy token (the blood splatter) but did not have an opportunity to test it.
    The same exact thing happened to my party last night.

One work around I found is to switch defeated foes to the neutral faction, which obviously won't work if neutral is also a foe, but does for two faction combat. Seems to work well enough until a real fix comes along. I do this when I see incapacitation in the tracker but before I apply the damage. If for some reason the foe gets back up then just switch back to red and should go back to counting.

As mentioned in another thread, Weird Science seems to be handling Power Points differently than other Backgrounds in SWADE, but the ruleset appears to show Weird Science now works like all other ABs.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtechmike View Post
    As mentioned in another thread, Weird Science seems to be handling Power Points differently than other Backgrounds in SWADE, but the ruleset appears to show Weird Science now works like all other ABs.
    Reposted from PEG forum.

QuotedOriginally posted by amerigoV View Post
    Power Points: The update to WS looks to me to expand the core approach. But the wording in the example gave me pause (if Hanz makes the roll, and pays he power point cost vs. the device (although the wording oddly indicates that if it fails there is no PP cost - I presume they would lose points as normal)). I just want to confirm what the FG rules are doing is taking the Core rules and allowing a player to split up their PPs for a Power among multiple devices.

Example:
    A PC has Deflection and Bolt as powers. The PC has 20 PPs. The PC could make one Deflection Device and one Bolt Device, each with a 20 PPs pool. Or (for example) they could make 2 Deflection Devices with 10PPs each, and 4 Bolt Guns with 5 PPs each. Mainly, I just wanted to confirm that FG was NOT changing the core such that you have 20PPs that you can spread across all devices regardless of Powers.
    Nope. It's just the AB as listed in Flash Gordon. So a starting character has 10 PPs and could divide those as they wish between their two powers. They could put all 10 into one or split them between the two and even between multiple devices using those two, but they don't get 10 PPs to split between devices for each power.

Developer Reply
    So a character with Confusion and Healing could make a 3 PP Confusion Medium Burst Template "neuro-gas grenade," a larger 4 PP Confusion LBT grenade, and a 3 PP Healing pack. Or two Healing packs and a LBT Confusion. Or a single "neuro-dart gun" with 4 shots (single target Confusion) and two Healing packs. Or any combination. And if they have an hour to "tinker," they can switch their points around.

Hope that helps and clarifies.

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savag...-weird-sciencet
    Last edited by esmdev; April 1st, 2019 at 13:03. Reason: Clarified quote vs. reply, added link

Accidentally replied about this in the other thread instead of here, I'll copy what I wrote there:

The PEG thread is referring to Deluxe. Adventure Edition handles Weird Science the same way it does the other ABs, in regards to Power Points. A Weird Scientist no longer assigns his points into devices unless he takes the Artificer Edge. That means we need Current and Max Power Points entries like the other Backgrounds, but currently there is only Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomorphic View Post
    Accidentally replied about this in the other thread instead of here, I'll copy what I wrote there:

The PEG thread is referring to Deluxe. Adventure Edition handles Weird Science the same way it does the other ABs, in regards to Power Points. A Weird Scientist no longer assigns his points into devices unless he takes the Artificer Edge. That means we need Current and Max Power Points entries like the other Backgrounds, but currently there is only Max.
    If this is implemented, is it possible to make it an option or something? Personally I prefer the original way of Weird Science over the new one, which feels like just a recolored AB (Magic)...
    Natural 20 - that's how I roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Technomorphic View Post

Ah, I see. My only experience with Savage Worlds is running ETU and Weird Science isn't available at all in that setting so I've not really looked much at powers. I saw that and thought it would be helpful, didn't look at the date, probably should have.

I'm curious how the Effect line "[Ignore #Dim|#Dark]" for the Low Light Vision racial ability is meant to work. If you put the Dim or Dark illumination effect onto a character (via the CT) with it, the modifier still effects them.

I also tried testing the syntax by creating an ability on a PC that said [Ignore #Vulnerable] and put the Vulnerable effect on the PC via the CT. Not only did it not ignore the effect, it actually doubled up. It interpreted it as if the ability had just said [#Vulnerable]. (Which I tested afterwards, to the same result.)

Notably, the Dim and Dark effects are called "Illumination, Dim" and "Illumination, Dark" and cannot be called with hashtags. [#Dark] doesn't work, unless you create an effect just called "Dark". [#Illumination, Dark] doesn't work, I assume because of the comma.

Thread Information