STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 19 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Ok I will try to play around a bit with this new knowledge. I want to make more with the content importer in the future because it seems to be more flexible.

Thank you for your help with this

Map Export and Shortcut Link Issue

Is it possible to export maps and maintaining the functionality of shortcut links on ithem using SWEL?

I wasn't able to do so. After loading the exported module into a new campaign, the shortcuts were still visible on the maps (the red pins) but opened into empty pages.

Exporting the Maps containing shortcut links using the normal library export function works as intended. But that's no what I need. I want to create an adventure Modul as a reference manual.

I think I need some help with this.

Thanks in advance

You have to double export (as I call it).

Basically I create the module with the maps etc in SWEL.

Then I export the module.

Then I delete the SWEL module I just created.

Then restart FGU (FGU loads available modules on startup)

Select the new module you have built and load it.

The following is the tricky bit (made this mistake more than once):

Open the map from the CAMPAIGN NOT THE MODULE!

Drag the story links/encounters/etc. from THE MODULE NOT THE CAMPAIGN

Once you have created the links unload the module.

Import SWEL again and export it creating a new module (that overwrites the old module)

Now the links will work.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Good lord that's totally not confusing at all...

It is but it makes sense (in a way)

When you drag a link to an image, it "hard codes" the link, so if you create links from a campaign to an image then create a module, the links in the module are linked to the campaign not the module, so by creating a module and then linking from that, the links are "hard coded" to the module, then even though you re-create the module the links still work (unless you do something that causes the module to change drastically so the linked data order changes)

I'll make a video: https://youtu.be/B6fz4kN6zL4
    Last edited by Doswelk; October 1st, 2021 at 06:49.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thank you so much! At first it seemed a bit confusing, but following your instructions step by step finally worked for me

Now I can start with my adventure modul.

Was trying to use the GUI editor as I've always done, but in FGU and it seems to be missing Gear: Armor from the drop down list of sections that can be added.

Blog Entries
    I have a question for "those who may know". With this new, soon to be released Builder thingy I keep hearing about that's currently in the Test Channel, is that something that will replace SWEL or will SWEL still be the best tool for making new SW content/reference manual?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

More than likely, SWEL will actually cause issues with the new code; and should not be used in conjunction with the coming update until Aki decides whether an update is needed or whether to retire it.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    More than likely, SWEL will actually cause issues with the new code; and should not be used in conjunction with the coming update until Aki decides whether an update is needed or whether to retire it.
    Roger that.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information