FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 19 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    I have another little problem. Is it possible to create gear lists for Melee Weapons or Armor and Shields in a library module? I can't find any appropriate list with the formatted fields for such items in the dropdown menu. Just Ranged, vehicle or special weapons work.

I use the latest version of enhanced library from the forge.

Thanks in advance
    No. You cannot combine different record types by default.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    No. You cannot combine different record types by default.
    Sorry, when I expressed myself a bit unclear. I don't want to combine different record types in one page. I want to add one record entry for Melee Weapons, another for armory etc. But there is no appropriate record entry (something like gear: melee) for Melee Weapons in the dropdown to create a list with the correct formatted fields matching Melee Weapons. I am missing something like the Melee Weapon list like the one found in the SWADE players guide. The same for Armor.

So my main question is, how to create a record entry for Melee Weapons using SWEL? Which record entry do I have to use from the dropdown menu?

Thanks

Sorry, when I expressed myself a bit unclear. I don't want to combine different record types in one page. I want to add one record entry for Melee Weapons, another for armory etc. But there is no appropriate record entry (something like gear: melee) for Melee Weapons in the dropdown to create a list with the correct formatted fields matching Melee Weapons. I am missing something like the Melee Weapon list like the one found in the SWADE players guide. The same for Armor.

So my main question is, how to create a record entry for Melee Weapons using SWEL? Which record entry do I have to use from the dropdown menu?

Thanks
    I will repeat what Ikael told me recently (thanks Ikael btw ) - drag one pre-made item onto the Desktop Tool and use the markup it creates for your own SWEL. Drag the link to Record and voila!

Screenshot_2021-09-19_10-10-37.png

Thank you for this good tip. Also good to know

But I don't want to use the item in my reference manual. What I want to do is to create a new Gear Page/List with all available Melee Weapons in the module. Maybe it gets clearer with the two images attached.

What I want to do:

1. Create Library Module
    2. Click the green plus symbol in the right window of the library to add an item.
    3. add page by selecting one...
    4. Choose the appropiate item from the dropdown.

There I have the choice to add Gear: Ranged Weapons, Special Weapons, Vehicle Weapons or Mundane Items

But I want to add a new page for Gear: Melee Weapons. And another one for Gear: Armor. With formatted fields for Name, Damage, AP, Cost, Weight, Avail and Notes for Melee Weapons - (and Name, Armor, Cost, Weight, Avail and Notes for Armor respectively Shields)

Both Gear Pages exist in the SWADE Players Guide but are not directly available via SWEL dropdown menu.

It doesn't work to drag the newly ceated Markup (from the premade item) to the pages section of the module to create a new Gear List out of it. You can't even add it to an existing page.

Maybe I make something wrong at all. What do I have to do, to add these pages to my module?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TomtheBu; September 19th, 2021 at 11:32. Reason: forgot to add images

Is it planned to add support for Gear: Melee Weapons and Gear: Armor to the SWEL Dropdown Menu in the future, to have all weapon and armor types available?

Make your library window bigger. There are alot more options on that combobox but they are cut in your case because your window is to small
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Blog Entries
    From the SWADE Player Guide SWEL file:

Code:
    ============================================
    #### Hand Weapons :: Melee Weapons
    @@catname::Melee Weapon
    --------------------------------------------
    Then each melee weapon is defined below that.

Code:
    ============================================
    #### Ranged Weapons :: Ranged Weapons
    @@catname::Ranged Weapons
    --------------------------------------------
    Then again, each ranged weapon defined below this.

Make sure you're looking at the Help tab for the Importer too see all the usable record types, etc.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Make your library window bigger. There are alot more options on that combobox but they are cut in your case because your window is to small
    Hi Ikael, thank you soo much, what a beginner`s mistake I made. Shame on me... Now I see all record types available

Thank you again @Talyn. Now I slowly begin to understand the context.

But where in the content importer can I add these items? Just below the last chapter of my reference manual or above before the reference manual begins?

Thank you again @Talyn. Now I slowly begin to understand the context.

But where in the content importer can I add these items? Just below the last chapter of my reference manual or above before the reference manual begins?
    Both are valid. That will determine page order in your module. Best practise is to define reference manual first then othet records

Thread Information