DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 19 First ... 9171819
    I cannot figure out how to add a thumbnail to my module. Can someone advise? My header looks like this:

Code:
    @@name::My Modulename
    @@categoryname::
    @@export_author::The original PDF's author
    @@export_file_name::my_file_name
    @@export_readonly::#1
    @@export_playervisible::#1
    @@export_thumbnail::
    But I cannot figure out how to set the thumbnail, FG always just yells at me when I put down a path:

Code:
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (export_thumbnail) in control (export_thumbnail) in class (library_module_export)
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  window: Control () anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  window: Control () anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  window: Control (thumbnail_chooser) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  window: Control (thumbnail_chooser) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  window: Control (export_author) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
    [8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR]  window: Control (export_author) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
    When leaving it out and setting the Thumbnail manually I exports fine, but still yells at me that the thumbnail file is wrong and has no thumbnail:
    Code:
    [8/27/2022 12:28:55 PM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "scripts/new_library_module_export.lua"]:576: export: Unable to load thumbnail file (ok)
    Can someone give me a hint where I'm going wrong?

Also, I did a little thing for Sublime so that I can use CTRL+B, CTRL+I and CTRL+U to make text bold/italic/underlined by surrounding it with **, // or __:

Code:
    [
    	{ "keys": ["ctrl+b"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {"contents": "**${0:$SELECTION}**"}, "context":
    		[
    			{ "key": "setting.auto_match_enabled", "operator": "equal", "operand": true },
    			{ "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": false, "match_all": true }
    		]
    	},
    		{ "keys": ["ctrl+i"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {"contents": "//${0:$SELECTION}//"}, "context":
    		[
    			{ "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": false, "match_all": true }
    		]
    	},
    		{ "keys": ["ctrl+u"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {"contents": "__${0:$SELECTION}__"}, "context":
    		[
    		]
    	}
    ]

Doswelk pointed me in the correct direction:

To set a thumbnail SWEL seems to expect an absolute Path, not a relative one.
    Once I set it to "C:/Users/Frodo/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/images/MyCampaign/CoverImage_smallest.png" it went fine.

However, a new issue has arisen:

I am in the process of creating Pregenerated Characters/Archetypes. To do that I create a new Pregen from within an editable SWEL module, add a Pregen and drop my Race onto it. When using the SWEL Desktop Tool, this creates links in the form of:
    Code:
    @@special.*.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Adaptable
    @@special._.name::Adaptable
    @@special.*.description::Humans start the game at Seasoned rank.
    @@special._.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Experienced
    @@special._.name::Experienced
    However, once I use that to re-create the module (this time with the Pregens for which I created the code) SWEL gets annoyed that it can't find the link.
    Now, I assume I could hard-code the link like this:
    Code:
    @@special.*.link::@sw_referencefeat::reference.races.human.abilities.adaptable@My Campaign Module
    But I wonder if that's the "right" way to do it or if there is a way to get the smart lookup to work?

EDIT: Inspiration struck! It seems liket he exporter does it "wrong". The correct way to reference it is:

Code:
    @@special.*.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Human.Adaptable
    @@special.*.description::Humans start the game at Seasoned rank.
    @@special._.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Human.Experienced
    @@special._.name::Experienced
    In other words: The exporter outputs the link as
    ?@$RACELIST.$ABILITYNAME
    when in fact it should be
    ?@$RACELIST.$RACENAME.$ABILITYNAME

Nothing ab bit of manual fiddling cannot fix.

EDIT2: I have been mistaken. If you do it like that, it only links to the Race, not the Ability...dang.
    Last edited by FrodoB; August 28th, 2022 at 22:53.

Just getting started using SWEL. I noticed that with the SWEL extension loaded, the module names display differently.
    When it's not loaded, in the Modules page and the Module Activation page, the modules display using their "displayname" (@export_displayname::<displayname>).
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.26.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.25.38 AM.png

When SWEL is loaded, the Module Activation still displays the displayname, but the Modules list now shows the "name" (@name::<name>).
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.26.56 AM.png

If I unload SWEL, the Modules list will go back to displaying the "displayname"s.

I looked through this thread and the previous one to see if this was documented as expected behaviour but didn't find anything. Not saying this is a bug, just that i noticed the Module name's being (unexpectedly) different.

Also,
    I get a message: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words." if I include more than 2 "at" symbols total in my post. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Ken View Post
    Just getting started using SWEL. I noticed that with the SWEL extension loaded, the module names display differently.
    When it's not loaded, in the Modules page and the Module Activation page, the modules display using their "displayname" (@export_displayname::<displayname>).
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.26.07 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.25.38 AM.png

When SWEL is loaded, the Module Activation still displays the displayname, but the Modules list now shows the "name" (@name::<name>).
    Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 10.26.56 AM.png

If I unload SWEL, the Modules list will go back to displaying the "displayname"s.

I looked through this thread and the previous one to see if this was documented as expected behaviour but didn't find anything. Not saying this is a bug, just that i noticed the Module name's being (unexpectedly) different.

Also,
    I get a message: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words." if I include more than 2 "at" symbols total in my post. Not sure why.
    I did post about this a while back, it is just a side effect of having SWEL loaded. SWEL should not be used on live games, just for building.

Dunno about the Post denied message.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    At the moment, loading the SWEL extension while you have an active Reference Manual build going on, wipes the Reference Manual (and disabling SWEL doesn't bring it back) - so be cautious, and make sure you have a backup of db.xml.

Surely this will get fixed soon enough, but be warned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    This issue has been addressed in version 2.3.2, thank you for reporting this!
    Any on going Reference Manual build will still be deleted when the SWEL export function is used - so still be cautious, and make sure you have a backup of db.xml.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

End of life

This extension is deprecated

...and replaced by new Module Maker extension, see

"Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information