DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 18 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Well I will be sticking to releasing my content the same way I have always done. So I will not be requiring people to sign up for another site to access it. I do like the idea of cloud saving my code and making branches to try things. I will play with it and see what I think about it. Sharing code is mute since anyone who downloads the extension can crack it open.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    If I played shadow run i’d Be bitching. GitHub is yet another account you have to add, yet more advertisements users have to suffer through. It has its place but it is a pita for users. Note that Dulux is moving all his stuff back to the forums.

It has its place for joint projects, but please don’t put your users through it.
    GitHub doesn’t require sign-in to retrieve the code, you can download it directly from the page. It is a good way to get input from others (and if you ask me, even if it’s just one man doing the coding, it’s still a good idea to have some form of version control system).

I suggest this, beause I would probably end up tinkering with the system on our end, and having the code on GitHub means that I (and anyone else who was interested) could make those changes/ available to Superteddy without requiring him to manually merge the changes). Teamwork makes the dream work

Best,

/R

To each his own. As I said, for collaborative work, it makes total sense, but most extensions are one-man shows. Also, posting that back-and-forth for development on the forums has the benefit that interested parties can learn things by examining others' code. But whatever floats your boat....

I will continue to post and distribute my content through the forums and open to any contributions and suggestions made by the community. You aren't wrong, that most of this content is made by sole keyboard warriors to help the community. I do like the name community for this content because it is not just freely available for the community, but can be tweaked by the community. I am always open for someone to take what I've made and see how it could be done better or easier to make this game available to the community. The community certainly is craving for more than what is available and I'm trying my best to make these awesome rulesets available and available to play. I would also hope from my efforts new developers start to open the code and start to tinker with what has been done. I appreciate the suggestion for GitHub and like the backup aspect, but I won't be making public repositories as of yet till the need arises and welcome all to contribute to force this to be a need. I'm not saying, no, but not yet.

Issue: Dice Pool Modifiers (environmental, range, cover, etc.)

There are a lot of modifiers affecting the number of dice rolled for skills or attacks. In the ruleset we were using previously for SR5, we used the modifier box as input and added/subtracted dice from the rolls. This can also be done for the MoreCore ruleset:

By changing the performRoll functions in manager_action_skill.lua and manager_action_attack.lua, replacing:

Code:
    	local count = nSkillLev;
    by

Code:
            local modstack = ModifierStack.getSum();
    	local count = nSkillLev+modstack;
    Once the wound modifiers have been fitted in, these could be calculated/retrieved in the same section of code and added to "count". Until we calculate this automatically, we can just add it to the total modifier and put it in the box.
    Last edited by Refur; August 1st, 2019 at 02:21.

Been working on that. That was easier than what I imagined. I will add it to the list. I wont have time to devout time fully till Friday. My off day. I will post pics with what I am going to do to the character sheet. Great input!

So, I have worked on it a bit this morning and made some changes to items to help streamline weapons and producing skills. I added the suggestion from Refur for use with the modifier stack and also the way limits are calculated (I must have mis-read that it rounded down). Perception is already listed as a skill and is located in the skill list. I would just link it to the hotbar for easy access. I could add a roll button to the ability rolls frame, but feels redundant. Health and Stun are tracked in the top part of the charactersheet. As for Soak and Armor are tracked form the Armor frame and when rolling defense it shows the calculation of the armor from the items in the frame. I might be mis-understanding what you proposed and just need some clarification. I added a middle box for Edge to keep track of current usage. As for the character sheet, I made the text a bit smaller for the items to help add more items to the frames. I will release it after testing it out a bit to see if my changes made any bugs.

Some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    So, I have worked on it a bit this morning and made some changes to items to help streamline weapons and producing skills. I added the suggestion from Refur for use with the modifier stack and also the way limits are calculated (I must have mis-read that it rounded down). Perception is already listed as a skill and is located in the skill list. I would just link it to the hotbar for easy access. I could add a roll button to the ability rolls frame, but feels redundant. Health and Stun are tracked in the top part of the charactersheet. As for Soak and Armor are tracked form the Armor frame and when rolling defense it shows the calculation of the armor from the items in the frame. I might be mis-understanding what you proposed and just need some clarification. I added a middle box for Edge to keep track of current usage. As for the character sheet, I made the text a bit smaller for the items to help add more items to the frames. I will release it after testing it out a bit to see if my changes made any bugs.
    The group ran it's first session using the MoreCore SR5 ruleset (with our old characters imported in), and great fun was had by all

Here is a little clarification for some of our feedback:

We had some confusion with the Defense rolls, as the button was not clearly labeled (me and Ramid had tried it before, so we just provided some clarification, and people got there in the end). What we'd really like is another button on the Armor panel that rolls the Soak check (Body + Armor), as this speeds up combat. What we did for the time being is roll a Body test and modify it with our Armor value. It worked, but it would be a little faster to have the two buttons (Defense and Soak) at the top of the panel. Having some way of selecting which armor pieces are worn would be nice, as some characters have different armor profiles for a night on the town vs. shadowrunning, but let's file that one under nice to have

Regarding Perception, you are entirely correct that it is already listed and one could hook it up to the hotbar. I'd still say it's not quite redundant, as it's one of the most used skills in the game (well, in our game at least ), and having it prominently displayed on the front page of the character sheet saves the players from having to look it up in the skill list or the hotbar. This is not a critical thing (as you said, there are workarounds), but would be nice to have in our opinion.

But apart from that, we had a blast (two flash-bangs and a frag grenade to be exact ). Thanks again for the work you have done (and are doing) on this extension, we really appreciate your efforts.

Best regards,

/R

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    ***Powers***
    Category - Use the types from the core rulebook and it will show the proper fields.
    (Combat Spell, Critter Powers, Complex Form....)
    I can get this to work for Combat Spells and Complex Forms but not Detection Spells, Health Spells, Illusion Spells, or Critter Powers. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this doesn't work properly.

Thread Information