DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Hi superteddy57 I love the Ruleset,

I have been working on translating this into German, so far with only having the Skills translated and some parts of the NPC´s

• Comming to my question, would it be possible to add the same kind of logic to the NPC´s as you did for Spirits adding the NPC rating to Skill values like (Perception, Unarmed Combat, and so on) and to vary the value strength dependant on if it is a Grunt or a Lieutenant?
    • Also is it possible to add Technomancer sprits as a variant (NPC, Spirit, Vehicle +Sprits)?

Could you be so kind and reference all files that I would need to change the naming for the Attributes to change them to German? That would be a great help.

Keep up the great work.

BR
    Shadow
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Shadows; November 26th, 2019 at 19:29. Reason: improving the text

I don't see why not, but I didn't see any solid mechanical changes between grunt's and lieutenants. If you can point me to how rating and type change a normal NPC I would be happy to add it. Technomancer sprites can be done like Spirits if you wish. For labels, you can find all the strings located in strings_morecore.xml. Just change the text after the tag and that will change the displayed name. For example:

<string name="char_label_attributes">Attributes</string> to
    <string name="char_label_attributes">Attribute</string>

For the changes, it may take me a bit of time to get those out as my SmiteWorks projects are taking the front seat as of right now. I might even try to work on it this week end if I get the chance, but please be patient if it takes a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    • <string name="char_label_attributes">Attributes</string> to
    • <string name="char_label_attributes">Attribute</string>
    If I change the name in the strings_morecore.xml would the the math still work? or would I need to change all refrences in the lau files as well? for instance the data_common.lua? I just tried it just changing the name in the xml does not work...

For the changes, it may take me a bit of time to get those out as my SmiteWorks projects are taking the front seat as of right now. I might even try to work on it this week end if I get the chance, but please be patient if it takes a bit longer.

Sure no problem I know as I have been working on this some time now.
    but I didn't see any solid mechanical changes between grunt's and lieutenants. If you can point me to how rating and type change a normal NPC I would be happy to add it.
    Well it would be more a faster way of creating NPC´s for a Campaign (for instance adding a default value for the attributes (Average of 3 for Grunts and higher average for lieutenants) and Skills like Perception, a Weapon Skill (Unarmed), or even dodge, do you get what I mean?
    I tried to add this myself but could not get it to work. In the file I uploaded I changed the "Spirit of Task" to "Spirit des Task" and added a few Skills just have a look and you will see what I mean. thank you for the fast response.

BR
    Shadow
    Last edited by Shadows; November 26th, 2019 at 21:04. Reason: adding a comment

Ok it kind of works, it triggers the manuel dice roll...

Screen.PNG
    Looks good, kind of except that "Geschicklichkeit" is now a bit long...

Screen2.PNG
    but it does not promt the Roll it goes to manuel dice roll, same with Skills... is there anything else I need to change?

It shouldn't go to manual rolls by default. I would go into your options and see if that is turned on. You aren't wrong that is a bit long and unfortunately made the width closer to the English spelling of the word. You might get more out of it by using a shortened version on those cases. As the result would be arranging the frames differently to accommodate.

I quickly scanned through the code and found these locations that require changing to display differently:
    record_char_main.xml
    record_char_more.xml

Those are code lines from your extension. Change the string within the <default> tags and it should display what you type in between them.

As for your project for updating things into German. Most of the work would be done within the string_morecore.xml. Leave the tag side alone and change the contents between the tags.

<string name="char_label_attributes">Attributes</string>

<string name="char_label_attributes"> </string> are the tags and should be left alone

Attributes is what needs to be changed to the desired name. Changing that shouldn't break any functionality within the extension. I did look over the rest of the changes you made and caution that you may need to be careful with the data_common.lua as my scripts may trigger off the naming of certain things. As you may have seen with the relationship between some of the actions and skills. The extension does look good and reach out to me if you have more questions.

Attributes is what needs to be changed to the desired name. Changing that shouldn't break any functionality within the extension. I did look over the rest of the changes you made and caution that you may need to be careful with the data_common.lua as my scripts may trigger off the naming of certain things. As you may have seen with the relationship between some of the actions and skills. The extension does look good and reach out to me if you have more questions.
    Yes did this and now most of the stuff is German. Unfortunatly I brocke the perception check on the Morecore page, the skill check "Wahrnehmung" (Germen Perception) Works fine. Also I tried to change the spacing with little sucess, but I will try to improve this.

Thank you for your insights help on this.
    BR
    Shadow
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Shadows; November 27th, 2019 at 21:08. Reason: small changes to the attachment

Hi. I know that your on a big project for Smiteworks (that is looking great btw) and was wonder if you plan to swing back to this project or shall we consider it completed? I ask because I am getting ready to run a game using the ruleset. So I was wondering if I still report problems here?

Yeah, it's on cruise control at the moment due to Starship Combat taking a priority. I will however fix bugs that come up, but this won't see any new features for some time.

Yeah, it's on cruise control at the moment due to Starship Combat taking a priority. I will however fix bugs that come up, but this won't see any new features for some time.
    Hopefully the coolness from the starship combat system will eventually find it's way into the shadowrun vehicle system.

Anyways, I have a question about spells. Everything is pretty self-explanatory until I got to the part about drain/fade. What value should I be entering into the box? For instance, I entered mana bolt, which is F-3.

Also, is there anything specific that should be entered into keywords?

Thread Information