DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 18 First ... 61415161718 Last
    The keywords are just for display purposes. The only two pieces of spells that are absolutely needed are the bategory of spell and it's drain. Drain only needs the end of the equation from the rulebook and the proper category will display the proper fields for your spell. Using your example of Mana Bolt, you would choose:

Category Combat Spell,
    Keywords Direct,
    Type M,
    Range LOS,
    Damage P,
    Duration 1,
    Drain/Fade -3 (derived from the equation F-3)

Now when the the spell is placed on the Character sheet it will give two rollers one for casting and one from drain. The Drain roll will use the -3 part of it's calculation and do a drain roll.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The keywords are just for display purposes. The only two pieces of spells that are absolutely needed are the bategory of spell and it's drain. Drain only needs the end of the equation from the rulebook and the proper category will display the proper fields for your spell. Using your example of Mana Bolt, you would choose:

Category Combat Spell,
    Keywords Direct,
    Type M,
    Range LOS,
    Damage P,
    Duration 1,
    Drain/Fade -3 (derived from the equation F-3)

Now when the the spell is placed on the Character sheet it will give two rollers one for casting and one from drain. The Drain roll will use the -3 part of it's calculation and do a drain roll.
    Most excellent! So the keywords just reflect the type from the book and the drain number is just whatever is after force.

Thank you, thank you.

My design process is always to stay close to the rulebook as possible so what you see in the rulebook is in the ruleset.

I have been working on an IP-free core content pack for this (weapon/items/qualities/etc). It was nearly completed and then got side-tracked due to life/holidays/laziness/squirrel!/etc. Give me a week and if I don't have it completed, I'll at least post what I have so as to prevent the need to hand-jam all of the core data.

Is there a way to edit defense test rolls on the player character sheet? My character has the adept power combat sense which adds +1 to dice pool to defense tests. Was looking through the code and it seems it's coded for only using reaction + intuition with no other modifiers (nDicePool = nRea + nInt; ). New to Fantasy Grounds so not sure if I'm just missing something basic when it comes to working character sheets.

The rolls accept modifiers from the modifier box. If there isn't an apparent way to add a misc bonus, then that would be the location to put it in before you roll. You can also can create a hotkey by typing 1 into the modifier box and then dragging it to the bottom row. Then when you attempt to do that roll you can hit the hotkey to add the modifier to add the additional dice. I could add a misc box after those rolls, but till I can complete that, it would be best to use the steps outlined above till it is implemented.

I can't get the shadowrun ruleset to show up when creating a campaign. Nor does it seem to show up under any of the available rulesets. What am i missing?

Blog Entries
    Welcome Delvaro

This is a MoreCore Extension. You will need to download and install MoreCore and this extension.
    Create a new MoreCore campaign and choose the Shadowrun 5e extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Delvaro View Post
    I can't get the shadowrun ruleset to show up when creating a campaign. Nor does it seem to show up under any of the available rulesets. What am i missing?
    As damned has mentioned this is an extension for the MoreCore ruleset and won't show up as a ruleset when creating a new campaign.

You can get the MoreCore ruleset here: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860

You should download that and place it in the ruleset folder. Then have the Shadowrun 5e extension in the extension folder.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    As damned has mentioned this is an extension for the MoreCore ruleset and won't show up as a ruleset when creating a new campaign.

You can get the MoreCore ruleset here: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860

You should download that and place it in the ruleset folder. Then have the Shadowrun 5e extension in the extension folder.
    Apologies, I was not clear.

I can create the game, and can open metatypes as I can races or classes when using D&D 5E. The issue is that its empty. Do I need to enter all the Metatypes, abilities, spells, items, etc. myself? or did i miss a step?

1. Install moreCore (Confirmed I can create a morecore game)
    2. Intall SR5e.EXT (Confirmed I can select it when creating a new game)
    3. ????
    4. Profit

Help me with step 3 please?

Thread Information