DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

Did not work to export characters

I used this a couple weeks ago to try and print our characters. It did print something but there was a lot of missing data. Like all my actions/spells were missing and also my weapon attack/damage bonuses were missing. I have not checked what else is missing but those were kind of big ones for us to use the characters. We have been playing online with FGU for all of the pandemic but now we are all vaccinated, so we were trying to convert to in person play.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeBrewDM View Post
    I used this a couple weeks ago to try and print our characters. It did print something but there was a lot of missing data. Like all my actions/spells were missing and also my weapon attack/damage bonuses were missing. I have not checked what else is missing but those were kind of big ones for us to use the characters. We have been playing online with FGU for all of the pandemic but now we are all vaccinated, so we were trying to convert to in person play.
    I noticed this as well with the Deadlands character I exported.
    Just curious if I dig into the XSL form and the XML export and edit the Deadlands myself will the executable read and layout properly from my edits?
    Also if I create a Traveller (1st edition) from a edited XSL and export to an XML will it be able to read and layout for those properties as well.
    I don't mind making my home "homebrew" character sheet and doing the pixel measurements and things to setup those up if the FG Print Tool will just read and interpret what I setup.
    If it doesn't do that purely but has some limiters within the tool please let me know now before I put any work into an attempt to add, edit, or create anything. Please.

Blog Entries
    The XSL sheets are editable. I would recommend making a copy and working from that. You really can’t mess up with it if you are okay with a little trial and error. Just look at the exported XML file to find the info you want to include and then modify where you want it displayed in the XSL file.

Thanks in advance. I was able to print the campaign, but could not find the source file for our characters. I tried inserting the character name at the end of the campaign file, that didn't work. Does any one have any input.

Blog Entries
    You need to open the campaign, go to the character window, edit, and then export the characters you want first. This will allow you to save an XML file with the info for that character.

Still no word on if this will be done for MacOS anytime soon?

I'm not good with all the programimg stuff so is there any way you could add in DnD2e xml stuff so we can print up charactors and champains? sorry for spelling errors

Blog Entries
    I just uploaded a new version (link in first post should still take you there). I slightly redid the UI and replaced the file browser with a newer version.

Any chance we can get a Pathfinder for Savage Worlds XML Source File?

Hi thanks for this useful tool. No matter how hard I try, unfortunately I can't make the maps appear in the html file and I can't understand why. The images are of my own creation and are inserted in the campaign images folder and linked to the story 1 to 1 as shown in the video. Yet they are still not shown in the final document. What am I doing wrong?

Thread Information