5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

help with adding a subclass or 3rd level Archetype

Hi everybody. As a new DM and Fantasy Grounds user for about 3 months, you guys have always come to my aid whenever I needed any help and I wanted to thank you for that. Fantasy Grounds has always been a warm and inviting community to be a part of. I am currently struggling to add a 3rd party Rogue Archetype called the "Shadow Warrior" which I bought online as a pdf from DriveThruRPG and unfortunately I don't see it as an option to purchase here in the FG store. About 2 months ago I had a similar problem with a player's needing an UA Druid circle that I needed to create for her. I own the core books from the FG store, and I am aware that they are read only files, but I distinctly remember when I created an additional Druid class with her new Druid circle that there was some way of duplicating the Druid class and that the copy was then able to be unlocked so I could just add the Druid circle without having to create a Druid class from scratch. I can't remember how I did that and can't find any info available online. Can someone remind me how to do that? I would be grateful since my wife is really looking forward to playing a Shadow Warrior and I really don't want to disappoint her.
    Last edited by MythingLynx; February 21st, 2019 at 06:53.

See the second video linked here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Awesome! Thank you Zacchaeus, it's all coming back to me now. It's the SRD that I can duplicate, not the PHB. That video is amazing and a great help to newbies like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MythingLynx View Post
    Awesome! Thank you Zacchaeus, it's all coming back to me now. It's the SRD that I can duplicate, not the PHB. That video is amazing and a great help to newbies like myself.
    You can duplicate from the PHB as well; as long as what you are creating is for personal use only.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm not a DM I'm a new player to fantasy grounds and was wondering i wrote up one of the new UA's but I only have the demo are dm has the full paid account how do i give him the UA archetype I noticed it didnt save when i did on my account so my dm let me go on his and wrtie it up when i then go and log on to his campaign were my character is that i want the UA archetype and were i went and wrote it up but i cant see the class archetype i did up well on my account? how does the dm share it with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Dualblades83 View Post
    I'm not a DM I'm a new player to fantasy grounds and was wondering i wrote up one of the new UA's but I only have the demo are dm has the full paid account how do i give him the UA archetype I noticed it didnt save when i did on my account so my dm let me go on his and wrtie it up when i then go and log on to his campaign were my character is that i want the UA archetype and were i went and wrote it up but i cant see the class archetype i did up well on my account? how does the dm share it with me?
    Start FG and go into Manage Characters. Select the campaign that you created the character in and load it up. You should see the character when you click the big PCs button on the right. Click the blue arrow to export the character. You can now import that character into any other campaign from the join screen.

it's a archetype done up for paladin from a UA that i plan on going mutliclass into i already have my character on his campaign just need to know how i can use the archetype i wrote up on his account when we go an play saturday and im logged on to my account and the dms back on his.

nvm all the dm need to do is when i hit level 6 and want to multiclass he levels the character up for me with the paladin class entry that has the oath in it. and now it says shared. or the dm can drag the homebrew content hes made into the chat window and it will make it public to the players
    Last edited by Dualblades83; November 8th, 2019 at 22:17.

Thread Information