5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Good choice to buy directly from here

And you won't regret your purchase dude. Two years ago I made the full 5e move from roll20 to here and went all in, it resulted in more games and less fuss by an order of magnitutde.
    Thank you for sharing your experience. This is exactly what I’m doing, so reading experiences and opinions like yours is really helpful.
    Last edited by connivingsumo; February 21st, 2019 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    On the Paizo front, they have a 10-year anniversary Humble Bundle right now that you can buy for dirt cheap, get those in your Paizo account, then also get the PDF discount in the Smiteworks store.
    That sounds great! I hope that HB deal lasts until Friday evening, or I get a chance to check it out at work today. FG pdf discount? I’ll have to check that out, too!

Plus less community drama.
    It sure seems true so far. Over the last couple of decades I’ve participated in many different hobby communities. Where I only recall one ever being “bad” I can certainly say many had their share of drama & overall disgruntlement.

I’m still a bit shocked at the depth of not only the welcoming, but also the quality of the dialogue. I came here very unsure, but in my posts I’ve received nothing but solid positive vibes and kindness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connivingsumo View Post
    That sounds great! I hope that HB deal lasts until Friday evening, or I get a chance to check it out at work today. FG pdf discount? I’ll have to check that out, too!
    So any PDF's you buy through Paizo (including the ones in that bundle) get recorded in their store, then when you link your FG and Paizo accounts here on FG and go to buy an FG module of a Paizo PDF that you own, it takes the full price of the Paizo PDF off the price of your FG item.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    So any PDF's you buy through Paizo (including the ones in that bundle) get recorded in their store, then when you link your FG and Paizo accounts here on FG and go to buy an FG module of a Paizo PDF that you own, it takes the full price of the Paizo PDF off the price of your FG item.
    Oh nice! Ok so for my preference I can skip STEAM all together, but it sounds like I want to sync my Paizo account.

If I buy something here at FG Store that I do not have over at Paizo is there any advantage to then buying said pdf over at Paizo?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by connivingsumo View Post
    If I buy something here at FG Store that I do not have over at Paizo is there any advantage to then buying said pdf over at Paizo?
    Only if you want a second PDF copy of it. If you buy a Paizo product on FG here, and you have yoru accounts linked, you will see that you now own the PDF on Paizo's site. i.e. you get the PDF free when you buy the FG module!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You can do it either way (buy at Paizo first or 2nd) and the result should be basically the same. There is a slight difference on how royalties pay out but they are close enough. In the case of the Humble Bundle, you want to get the PDF at Paizo first and claim the award so it shows up on Paizo.com as you owning the PDF. Then sync it. You don't have to get everything from the bundle here right away, but just backing the basic level will get you several $10 discounts if you ever decide to buy those products here.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Only if you want a second PDF copy of it. If you buy a Paizo product on FG here, and you have yoru accounts linked, you will see that you now own the PDF on Paizo's site. i.e. you get the PDF free when you buy the FG module!
    Oh, so almost the opposite of FG-STEAM. Cool ~ thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can do it either way (buy at Paizo first or 2nd) and the result should be basically the same. There is a slight difference on how royalties pay out but they are close enough. In the case of the Humble Bundle, you want to get the PDF at Paizo first and claim the award so it shows up on Paizo.com as you owning the PDF. Then sync it. You don't have to get everything from the bundle here right away, but just backing the basic level will get you several $10 discounts if you ever decide to buy those products here.
    Ok good tip ~ thank you!

Plus less community drama.
    But... we're a roleplaying community isn't everything we do a form of improv drama?

Also, now I think a FG theatre troup would be hilarious for the misunderstandings it would cause when we say we have more drama queens than any other VTT. Lol. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    But... we're a roleplaying community isn't everything we do a form of improv drama?

Also, now I think a FG theatre troup would be hilarious for the misunderstandings it would cause when we say we have more drama queens than any other VTT. Lol. Sorry for hijacking the thread.
    Improv comedy ftw!

Thread Information