5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    As a Chill Rpg fan, I decided to give it a try with fantasy grounds.

I moved the D100 rule to D20 (merely devided by 5 everything)
    Kept the 45 wound box (just changed the way to calculate it)
    The character sheet is done.
    I have to think about the creation of NPCs.

To simulate Chill rolling dices you
    Apply modifier
    drop skill value
    roll the dice

CM gets <roll> + <modifier+skill value>
    with the + meaning against, the CM can easily translate into Failed/Critic/Good/Average/Bad
    Version 2.0 should give the possibilty of changing this display.

I am preparing a module to test all that in play mode next month.
    I let you know how it worked out.

PS : sorry for my poor english, I am more fluent in French (my first language)

Cthulhu

I started work on my own take of a cthulhu ruleset. Heres a screenshot:

https://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?...cthulhu7gu.jpg

skills and weapons are showed in windowlists and are draggable from the reference to the charsheet.
    I changed the portraits, to square, with an art deco picture frame around em, and im using pics from the silent movie star pages for them. Some of the reference is already done (skills, occupations, spot rules, tables, weapons) some partially done (monsters).
    Last edited by meathome; January 24th, 2007 at 18:25.

Wow! Looks great! Now if only we could get a game running!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

It's looking very good! Though I'd be concerned with little space for skills - or is it how CoC works? I never played it, that system is on my "to do" list. Think you could run something at iCon?
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Maybe add a scroll control if there isn't one allready? Has to be one of the most useful things so far. (And yes I *DO* need to add one of those to my Arm Set too.. )
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

cthulhu

All windowlists are scrollable by default. just point at it and use the mousewheel, but adding a scroller control would be no problem . Yes space for the skills is small, bat i wanted to have all information at one page atm only the skills on wich points are spent should be added, and tehres a table in the reference with the base values for all skills. Perhaps i move the skills to a seperate subwindow, so that all of them can be displayed at once.

I would be very interested in joining a CoC game if you ever manage to get one going with your ruleset.

Nice, with BRP, you now have the ability to play Elric!, Stormbringer maybe some Runequest.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

CoC Ruleset

I have been working on a CoC FGII ruleset (we already have a workable FG version) and have explored the licence issue with Chaosium. Their requirements are:

(1) Charge no money for playing the game

(2) documents need copyright and trademark notice on first page, viz

Call of Cthulhu (C)2007 by Chaosium Inc.; all rights reserved.
    Call of Cthulhu (R) is the registered trademark of Chaosium Inc.

We are using the chat window to display the licence text (cannot figure out how to get it to appear on the ruleset selection window, a la d20) having edited chatmanager.lua.

The FGII version charsheet is very nearly done (nothing was common with FG, so we started from scratch!), but monsters, etc still to do.

Cheers

Foen

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    I have been working on a CoC FGII ruleset (we already have a workable FG version) and have explored the licence issue with Chaosium. Their requirements are:

(1) Charge no money for playing the game

(2) documents need copyright and trademark notice on first page, viz

Call of Cthulhu (C)2007 by Chaosium Inc.; all rights reserved.
    Call of Cthulhu (R) is the registered trademark of Chaosium Inc.

We are using the chat window to display the licence text (cannot figure out how to get it to appear on the ruleset selection window, a la d20) having edited chatmanager.lua.

The FGII version charsheet is very nearly done (nothing was common with FG, so we started from scratch!), but monsters, etc still to do.

Cheers

Foen

Good work!

Previously: MurghBpurn

Thread Information