DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Core RPG and adding a vehicle to the combat tracker

Hi,

I'm looking at building out a (hopefully) simple version of WEG Star Wars D6 (v1) using Core RPG. I'm not looking to fully automate things or do anything too clever, just add some stat blocks to the vehicle record and a couple of minor things.

Vehicle battles are of course a big part of the game, with the added complication that this could be something like our PC's taking on an AT-ST or the like. I can't figure out a way to add a Vehicle to the combat tracker. I'm struggling to understand what permits a PC or NPCs to be added but not a Vehicle. Any clues on how this can be achieved without having to enter vehicles as NPCs (which isn't very helpful) would be much appreciated.

Simon

CoreRPG unfortunately doesn't have the code to interpret vehicle shortcut drops. It would need to be added to accept the drop and then add the record to the CT. SFRPG's latest Tech Revolution update can show you some examples of adding other records besides PC and NPC records to the CT.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Hey Simon check out how I did it on my WEG D6 ruleset.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/390/view

Specifically check out CampaignDataManager2 and CombatManager2.

I left it super basic. On my next one mothership I added on a few features.
    Last edited by bayne7400; December 11th, 2021 at 23:28.

Thank you, silly question though….. where can I find this Tech Revolution info?

Thank you bayne7400 I’ll certainly take a look.

Well Starfinder is open to license holders. You can unpack the ruleset and see how it ticks. Same with CoreRPG and 5e.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Well Starfinder is open to license holders. You can unpack the ruleset and see how it ticks. Same with CoreRPG and 5e.
    Yeah I had unpacked Core RPG as I did hope I could work it, unfortunately I couldn’t find a way. The response from bayne7400 seems to indicate it isn’t possible. I’ve never understood why Vehicles were implemented in the way they are in FG; essentially an item that is solely owned by an individual. If there are two people in your party and thematically they’re in the same vehicle, from a FG perspective each person is actually in their own vehicle. Therefore damage inflicted on one isn’t inherited on the other.

Now I know the guys working on the Genesys system based on Core RPG are implementing a shared vehicle record. But the fact that Core RPG implements the in such a dumb fashion impacts every rule set that is built upon it.

I’m going to say something rather disrespectful now… Foundry VTT implementation of Vehicles as Actors makes a whole lot more sense. Apologies Smiteworks and all the lovely people developing content for FG. I love FGU but there are times I dabble and wistfully hope feature from there end up in here. But I have say there are things in FGU I just find easier to do without having to implement a tonne of extra modules to get the behaviour/feature I want.

You can share vehicles you just have to code it. I did this very thing for mothership. The only thing I did not sync was the cargo but not because could not. I just did not want to script it. Good luck with your project.

Thread Information