DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Repair Shield

Repair Shield

Is there a way to target a shield with the repair activity and automatically "heal" back hp to it? Right now I am going into the the inventory tab, selecting the shield, unlocking it, and removing damage according to the check result.

Thanks

Refer to the "Repair (shield)" activity from the legacy Core Rules - full details in the "How to Use" section.

I've just realised this isn't in the remastered Player Core modules, I'll add that in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I found it among the activities and added it to my character. It works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cling View Post
    Thanks. I found it among the activities and added it to my character. It works well.
    Great!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One small thing I didn't notice before. The critical failure result is a little confusing. The effect says "Heal" but it (correctly) damages the shield. And the rules says you should subtract the hardness of the shield when applying the damage, but that isn't done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One small thing I didn't notice before. The critical failure result is a little confusing. The effect says "Heal" but it (correctly) damages the shield. And the rules says you should subtract the hardness of the shield when applying the damage, but that isn't done.
    The whole repair shield (including the critical failure damage) is encompassed in the relatively new Heal - Shield functionality, hence the use of Heal as the base action. Thanks for pointing out the omission of apply hardness, I'll get this fixed in a future release.

Hardness should be applied to the critical failure damage with today's update" https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...uary-16th-2024

I've also added some additional messaging to the shieldblock and repair shield chat messaging to indicate the level of damage/repair for the shield.

Both of the remaster Player Core (full and ORC releases) now have the "Repair (shield)" activity. This will need to be manually added to existing PCs - drag/drop to Activities -> Skill Activities -> Crafting.

Great! We’re playing tonight so I will have the opportunity to test it!

Something is wrong. I have my shield eqipped and it has 5 hit point damage but the Repair (shield) activity returns that it doesn't find a damaged shield to repair. It's been this way a couple of weeks.

I am trying to add screenshots to this post like I've done previously but I am getting a message it can't verify I am human. Hmm, that would answer so many things..

Something is wrong. I have my shield eqipped and it has 5 hit point damage but the Repair (shield) activity returns that it doesn't find a damaged shield to repair. It's been this way a couple of weeks.
    Check that you don't have another item that is tagged as a shield equipped.

If you can't upload an attachment, it may be that the token needed has expired. Log out of the forums, then back in and try again.

Thread Information