DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Newbie questions

I’ve been playing\GMing tabletop RPG’s since 1980, have had a 15 year gap and am looking to GM a Starfinder campaign remotely.

I’ve a few basic questions about how FG works for GM’s and Players.

If I purchase the standard version and my players subscribe\purchase it as well, can they create their characters independently and share them with me?

I know I need to buy at least the core rulebook, but do they need to purchase anything other than FG?

I completely get the remote play sessions (my work life is 75% video conferences), but I am very unclear on how the players can interact with the system while we are not playing - especially creating\populating their character sheets.

I did check the FAQ, but didn’t see anything about this and don’t think the demo version can answer this.

One semi-related question: if I purchase the standard edition, is it possible to upgrade to the deluxe version later?

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Romidar View Post
    If I purchase the standard version and my players subscribe\purchase it as well, can they create their characters independently and share them with me?
    Yes. When you start FG, even in free demo there is a Manage Characters. At that point they will only have access to the info included (i.e. SRD if their is one) and what they themselves have purchased, but they can create characters and manually type in anything they don't have.

I know I need to buy at least the core rulebook, but do they need to purchase anything other than FG?
    Nope. Note, that when they are connected to you, any DLC you have purchased you can share with them.

I completely get the remote play sessions (my work life is 75% video conferences), but I am very unclear on how the players can interact with the system while we are not playing - especially creating\populating their character sheets.
    Generally they don't. But, they can again go into manage characters, export their character, open it, modify it and then when they connect to your campaign they can import it again. This is intentional, in that then thE GM always knows when a character has been modified.

One semi-related question: if I purchase the standard edition, is it possible to upgrade to the deluxe version later?
    Yes, their an Ultimate Upgrade option, it is the same price as the difference between standard and ultimate.

And, make sure you understand, the Ultimate has no extra DLC, it just means your players can use the free license.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks!

Think i’ll purchase standard version and core rules this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Romidar View Post
    Thanks!

Think i’ll purchase standard version and core rules this weekend.
    This post will give you more information https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eed-to-play-5e
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information