DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Long time coming, 1.0.10 is being sent to TEST

Greetings All,

Apologies for the length of time between updates, an awful lot going on in my life that limits the time I can spend doing what I love doing, coding for FG.

Due to some of those life issues being away I've hidden myself away and finished up the PSI stuff.

In this update, the PSI Talents in the Actions Tab have been updated. You'll see a COST field just before the TOTAL. This is the PSI Strength cost.

You'll also notice a Magnifying Glass next to the Total. If you click this you'll see a Damage Field will show. In here you can enter any Damage Dice, ie 1d6 or 2d6, if you don't enter in a Damage Type then 'Psionic' damage type is applied.

Phew.

So it's going off in a few minutes to FG, and it'll be in Test. Busy week coming for me (last week of school though), so let's see what else I can do, though need to get some more work done on VtM as that's dreadfully close.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Glad to hear that you've had a brief break from the life issues, and I hope it continues to go that way for you!
    I've been checking in on your progress on this module the last few months, I was wondering with PSI in testing phase are we still looking at a summer release date for the new mongoose edition?
    Can't wait to play in the new Unity engine with my group we haven't been able to play in person for a couple years now!

Okaaayyy...

First of all: welcome back! Happy to hear, that life dials down a bit for you again.

Secondly, I am testing, so here it comes...

Adding PSI Abilities, adds the appropriate actions. So far so good.
    Deleting the abilities don't delete the actions (yet?). That would be nice to have.

Adding cost works. If the attack roll fails, one PSI strength point is taken anyways. If the roll succeeds, the cost is substracted at the amount entered into the field. Well done.
    One thing that just entered my mind is, if the PSI Stat is reduced by the cost of usage, wouldn't this influence the DM? Not sure if I am wrong here...
    Also it seems, that the cost doesn't have any effect on any roll. I probably need to check this in the rules again, but is there any "use" of the cost other than to extend the range?
    Anyways, overstraining yourself (cost higher than rest of psi power) takes damage to endurance. This works fine again.

I tested the damage roll and entered "1d6 psionic" as a damage value. The roll resulted in an error in the console. Error text was "Script Error: [string "ability_damage"]:1: attempt to call field 'actionDamage'(a nil value)"
    Same error shows, if I remove "psionic" and leave 1d6 as value in the damage field.
    Same error shows, if I enter "1d6 kinetic" ...

Therefore I can't seem to make any damage with this...

So far my first tests. I hope this helps.
    Thanks for your work, MBM

I am not huge fan of the PSI abilities so looking forward to the next update. I am hoping more automation for combat, so it works faster, or stuff around spaceship combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    I am not huge fan of the PSI abilities so looking forward to the next update. I am hoping more automation for combat, so it works faster, or stuff around spaceship combat.
    Ship Combat - yea, that would be nice, still waiting on Starfinder (but I've been allowed to see the code as is)... PSI isn't a huge thing in my games, but I wanted very basic support for it.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Okaaayyy...

First of all: welcome back! Happy to hear, that life dials down a bit for you again.

Secondly, I am testing, so here it comes...

Adding PSI Abilities, adds the appropriate actions. So far so good.
    Deleting the abilities don't delete the actions (yet?). That would be nice to have.

Adding cost works. If the attack roll fails, one PSI strength point is taken anyways. If the roll succeeds, the cost is substracted at the amount entered into the field. Well done.
    One thing that just entered my mind is, if the PSI Stat is reduced by the cost of usage, wouldn't this influence the DM? Not sure if I am wrong here...
    Also it seems, that the cost doesn't have any effect on any roll. I probably need to check this in the rules again, but is there any "use" of the cost other than to extend the range?
    Anyways, overstraining yourself (cost higher than rest of psi power) takes damage to endurance. This works fine again.

I tested the damage roll and entered "1d6 psionic" as a damage value. The roll resulted in an error in the console. Error text was "Script Error: [string "ability_damage"]:1: attempt to call field 'actionDamage'(a nil value)"
    Same error shows, if I remove "psionic" and leave 1d6 as value in the damage field.
    Same error shows, if I enter "1d6 kinetic" ...

Therefore I can't seem to make any damage with this...

So far my first tests. I hope this helps.
    Thanks for your work, MBM
    First, thanks for testing!

Odd that the psionic damage type errors, I've tested it and no error, it reduces the damage as expected

Will email you....
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; August 3rd, 2019 at 16:21.

I'd love to see the MGT 2300 AD specific stuff show up one of these days...semi-armor piercing and armor piercing rounds, mainly. That's my wish list.\

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    I'd love to see the MGT 2300 AD specific stuff show up one of these days...semi-armor piercing and armor piercing rounds, mainly. That's my wish list.\

GBFF
    It's being added, couldn't get it working as an extension, and just for you GBFF!

Folks,

Sent over to SW today, hope to see it in test tomorrow.

[FIXED] Added the PSI scripts for the damage! (That was the error)
    [UPDATED] Changed the MAP scale to 1.5m per square (as per the rules)

Cheers,
    MBM

Excellent. My thanks!

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Thread Information