FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Hi folks. I went back to the fantasy grounds. I discovered that one of the founders of another program I use is an idiot and I'll try to make Fantasy Grounds work on my notebook instead of giving my money to a jackass. I'll try again this week all the tips that all of you gave me.

Blog Entries
    hey fabiosilva I do suggest that you look for the post:
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...g-Try-Hamachi/

It is pretty straight forward if you follow the instructions.
    If you get stuck please reply with as much info as you can.

Frustrated DM.. I'm the primary DM for my 5E group. I just bought the $145 ultimate license and spent a good amount of time and personal cred on trying to get my group to test FG. Got them all to register etc..

Over the last 48 hrs I've spent a good 5-6 hours trying to test and get a working connection. After a few hours on discord with my crew, no one is able to connect to my FG client.
    Static IP. Win 10. Netgear R7000 with port forwarding turned on. Firewall with permissions to VPN, Hamachi, & FG.
    We've tried Hamachi first. I was able to convince 5 people to download and go thru the whole process only to fail in the end. We got Hamachi running and they connected, but FG would not work using Hamachi IP4 address. Then I tried a VPN with port forwarding on 1802 via TCP - ensured I was logged with correct server that accepts port forwarding. Nope. (Yes, I've read this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-Try-Hamachi/)

After wasting everyone times on discord tonight, it was a apparent that we can't switch to FG yet. Connections are too time consuming and tricky to work out each time we want to play. I travel a lot and as the primary GM, it's seems like a ton of hassle.

I have at least 3 hops in my private networks by following instructions that Damned posted in support thread. Pretty sure my second router provided by Spectrum (Brighthouse) is stopping my port forwarding to work properly in my personal router. Call and they were no help at all. Hence why I thought Hamachi was THE solution. Recent Youtube videos sold me on switching to FG, such a let down...
    Last edited by Gnollfield; April 4th, 2019 at 03:43.

Blog Entries
    Hey Gnollfield sorry its been a PITA.

If you PM me your email address Ill troubleshoot your Hamachi connection (and have a look over your normal connection) with you.

Thread Information