Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
I repeat. I've been a programmer for 30 years. I understand how this should work.
I would recommend not coming into FG coding with preconceptions of how you think this should work based off other systems you may have programmed in. Over the years there have been a few experienced programmers who have posted in these forums about customising FG and a lot of their issues were because they made assumptions, based off their experience of other systems, that weren’t valid for FG.

There is documentation for FG, but SmiteWorks don’t have anyone dedicated to documentation, so it’s not as thorough as most mainstream applications may have. As damned mentions, it’s a good idea to unpack FG rulesets and search through those for examples. Also check the developer documentation, including the graphics! ;-) And also look at forums posts for thoughts, inspiration, etc.. Simple community extension may help to give you ideas of small modifications, for example. And, as you’ve done for this issue, come and ask the community.