DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Just some questions regarding the society

I'm not actually a member of your society, but considering joining. Some questions..

1. Being so close to PFRPG 2e are there any concessions on the rules of owning the material used for creating a given character?

2. Will the society as a whole opt for 2e as opposed to 1e? If so does all start from scratch in 2e or are characters from 1e converted?

3. How does one go about joining the society here on FG?

Kindly,

1. Mostly it depends on your GM (as it has always been the case). Officially, I'm not aware that the limitation to material a player owns will be removed. But many GMs don't audit characters (or at least they don't require proof of ownership), so as long as you know the rules of what your character does, you should be fine in most cases. But keep in mind that, if you don't own the sources, a GM has the right to deny having you at their table. (But don't worry too much. I currently don't remember if I have ever been asked for proof of resource ownership at all.)

2. PFS 1e will not be provided any new scenarios or modules after season 10 (which ends at GenCon). After that, the first season of PFS 2e will start. Players will have to create new characters to play in PFS 2e, but it will still be possible to play and report PFS 1e sessions.

3. If you already have an Organized Play number from the paizo site, you're almost ready to start, otherwise, this link should lead you to the place to get a number.
    To play PFS on FG, you'll also need the FG client, which can be downloaded in the FG store or on Steam. (Please don't askme about the details of that. It's been too long since I downloaded my copy. But I'm sure there's somebody here who can tell you.)
    You might also want to purchase a license or subscription. You won't need the Ultimate option unless you want to run a lot of games. If you're not sure whether you want to purchase, you can also start by finding a game that's run by someone with an Ultimate License (because that lets them run even for players without a license/subscription.
    You'll need to build your character on FG to play, which many GMs will gladly help you with if you don't know howto do that, yet.
    Last step is to keep an eye on the game announcement thread. Best way to do that is by subscribing to the thread (click on "thread tools" on the top right). Please do not post in that thread unless you want to advertise for a game you plan to run.
    If any game you are interested in gets posted, follow the GM's links to the game discussion thread and the game calendar and sign up. The GM willmost likely ask you to provide information such as your character's xml file and/or the character's last chronicle.
    To play, you will also need either Teamspeak or Discord, depending on the GM's preference.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    1. Mostly it depends on your GM (as it has always been the case). Officially, I'm not aware that the limitation to material a player owns will be removed. But many GMs don't audit characters (or at least they don't require proof of ownership), so as long as you know the rules of what your character does, you should be fine in most cases. But keep in mind that, if you don't own the sources, a GM has the right to deny having you at their table. (But don't worry too much. I currently don't remember if I have ever been asked for proof of resource ownership at all.)
    This especially applies on FG, where PFS games have been running for years before Paizo ever licensed. PFSRD modules are freely available here in the forum and that's what GMs and players have been using. Even now, several of the GMs I've played under still don't own any of the Paizo DLC, so it's pointless to try to enforce ownership if they don't own anything themselves.

Thread Information