DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I've tried some options on and off to find the best settings for me.

I have a bard in the game this time so I'm trying to manage the information revealed on Attacks and Saves.

I set it up right now so that: When a player attacks they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. They can choose to add Bardic Inspiration.
    I set it up so that: When a player is attacked they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. The bard can choose to use Cutting Words.

The problems is with the second portion. If I roll a 10 against a PC, and have a +4 on the attack; the chat shows "PC is attacked with 14". So now they already know the result which they shouldn't based on Bardic Inspiration and Cutting Word.

I'm looking for a way that in the same example it shows "Pc is attacked by 10" (reveal only the dice roll). Then they can choose to Cut it or whatever. If they do or don't then I say it hits or misses.

Quote Originally Posted by HuseyinCinar View Post
    I've tried some options on and off to find the best settings for me.

I have a bard in the game this time so I'm trying to manage the information revealed on Attacks and Saves.

I set it up right now so that: When a player attacks they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. They can choose to add Bardic Inspiration.
    I set it up so that: When a player is attacked they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. The bard can choose to use Cutting Words.

The problems is with the second portion. If I roll a 10 against a PC, and have a +4 on the attack; the chat shows "PC is attacked with 14". So now they already know the result which they shouldn't based on Bardic Inspiration and Cutting Word.

I'm looking for a way that in the same example it shows "Pc is attacked by 10" (reveal only the dice roll). Then they can choose to Cut it or whatever. If they do or don't then I say it hits or misses.
    That would take some doing I think. I think once Unity is released we will have more options available to us as to what we reveal to which client (at least I am hoping so)...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

On the alternate critical hit damage, is there anyway to max the weapon dice and not the effect dice?

For example, if I have a 3rd level rogue character that crits with a dagger they would roll 1d4+2d6(sneak attack effect). With this extension, when I have the "max normal die on critical" set to "on" it maxes ALL dice, and then rolls a new set of them. I guess I'm looking for an option to only max the weapon damage as it can be a bit much on stuff like Sneak Attack and Divine Smite

Other than that tiny thing, I'm really loving all these options. Nicely done!
    AKA Mech45

Ultimate License Holder GM

Games played can be seen here:
    d20Enclave Twitch page: www.twitch.tv/d20enclave
    d20Enclave YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@d20enclave
    d20Enclave Discord: https://discord.com/invite/HSuvJns

Blog Entries
    Vogel, not yet. But understand, RAW all the dice are supposed to be doubled.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogel View Post
    On the alternate critical hit damage, is there anyway to max the weapon dice and not the effect dice?

For example, if I have a 3rd level rogue character that crits with a dagger they would roll 1d4+2d6(sneak attack effect). With this extension, when I have the "max normal die on critical" set to "on" it maxes ALL dice, and then rolls a new set of them. I guess I'm looking for an option to only max the weapon damage as it can be a bit much on stuff like Sneak Attack and Divine Smite

Thanks.

Not seeing a way to readily do this as the effects dice have already been added to the dice array by the time the damage is rolled.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Am I being silly or has the "Chat: Show roll totals" option disappeared in Unity? Love the extension but with the Prettifier on I can't display the total to the clients now.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestik Moose View Post
    Am I being silly or has the "Chat: Show roll totals" option disappeared in Unity? Love the extension but with the Prettifier on I can't display the total to the clients now.
    This extension was originally written with Fantasy Grounds Classic and not Unity compatibility. Maybe deerbuster will know how to fix it as long as he has Unity.
    Fantasy Module Parser (Module Creator for Fantasy Grounds) Discord Server: https://discord.gg/78SdFgg
    Fantasy Module Parser Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fantasymoduleparser

Quote Originally Posted by tstory30 View Post
    This extension was originally written with Fantasy Grounds Classic and not Unity compatibility. Maybe deerbuster will know how to fix it as long as he has Unity.
    I figured that might be the case. My main reason for using this extension is to remove the average hp on level up though. That works fine still.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogel View Post

Not to toot my own horn, but check out this extension:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...roved-Critical

It has a bunch of different options for handling critical damage. There are issues with the LAE:Expanded Options extension though, but depending on which Expanded Options you use, they can be made to work together...that same thread shows one way.

Hadn't gotten around to making it work with Unity yet...just such a pain in the *** without the reload option working...
    aka Laendra

Thread Information