DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

LAE:ExpandedOptions v1.9 for 5E

This extension will provide some arguably better output on the attack rolls. See the image below for what the results look like for the settings chosen.

ExpandedOptionsSettings.PNG

NOTE: This extension is now available exclusively on the Forge.

v1.5 output
    v1.5.PNG

Please let me know if you find any bugs with it. I've done some local testing, but have not yet run a session with it.

If you find it useful or want to suggest any changes, let me know as well.

Options and Usage: (NOTE: FGU does not have a Show Roll Total option as it is redundant)

Game (GM) Section

• Chat: Show Attack Rolls in results
      • Off - No attack roll total appears in any attacks
      • On - Attack roll total appears in all attacks
      • Friendly - Attack roll total appear only if PC is the attacker

• Chat: Show results to client
      • Off - No attack results show up in any attacks
      • On - Attack results appear for all attacks
      • Friendly - Attack results appear only if PC is the attacker

• Chat: Use Attack Prettifier
      • Off - No change in existing functionality (default)
      • On - based on 'Chat: Show results to client' and 'Chat: Show roll totals' settings will give arguably better looking client output on attack rolls. (See ExpandedOptionsSettings.PNG attachment for settings and output)

Combat (GM) Section

• NPC: Rolls (Variable, Fixed, or Max)
      • Variable - No change in existing functionality (NPC attacks rolls damage dice as players do) (default)
      • Fixed - No change in existing functionality (NPC attacks do average damage)
      • Max - NPC attacks do Maximum Damage (be careful with this one)

• Add: All NPC numbering
      • On - If 'Add: NPC numbering' is set to 'Random', adds a random number to all NPCs (named and singles). If set to 'Append', appends incrementing numbers to the same.

House Rules (GM) Section

• CT: Max Normal Die on Critical
      • On - All normal and effect die are maximized on a critical. Critical dice are rolled as normal

• PC: Notify on level up available
      • On - When XP is awarded, checks to see if PCs have enough experience to level up and notifies everyone in Chat. Also, updates the XP needed for Next Level on the character sheet.

• PC: Player HP per level
      • Default - No change in existing functionality (PC gains average, or fixed, hitpoints when they add a class level)
      • Hybrid - When a class level is added, player gets better of average or random hitpoints (default)
      • Random - When a class level is added, player gets random hitpoints

CHANGELOG
    v1.0 - Initial Release
    v1.1 - Fixed a typo
    v1.2 - Eliminated Debug.chat output
    v1.3 - Added option "Chat: Use Attack Prettifier" to the Game (GM) section to control whether or not to use "pretty" attack messages. Combined the Average HP option extension into this extension.
    v1.4 - Modified option "NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)" to "NPC: Rolls (Variable, Fixed or Max)". With Max set, NPCs will deal maximum regular damage (will still roll critical dice).
    v1.5 - Added option "PC: Notify on level up available" to House Rules (GM) section. Automatically updates XP for Next Level and notifies which characters are eligible to raise their character level (see v1.5.png for example output)
    v1.6 - Bug fix for Adding Class Specializations such as Paladin Oaths
    v1.7 - Simplified logic and code for NPC Max Damage option, as well as including an Houserule option to maximize normal dice on a Critical "CT: Max Normal Die on Critical", which defaults to "off". Although this shouldn't conflict with TheoGeek's Improved Critical, there should be no need for both. If you use his, keep this option off.
    v1.8 - Added option "Add: All NPC numbering" to disallow players the ability to metagame which ones might be tougher or more important. Note: best way to use this is to use unidentified named creatures and use the base type of creature as the unidentified name. There is a chance that random numbers will duplicate, but appended numbers always will.
    v1.9 - Bugfix for dragging and dropping attack rolls with no target
    v2021-02-22 - Updated for CoreRPG changes v2021-02-01
    v2021-02-23 - Updated for some missed changes for the CoreRPG for "friendly" show results.
    v2021-02-23a - removed erroneous ).
    v2021-03-14 - Fixed max normal die for criticals
    v2022-07-20 - Updated for recent CoreRPG/5E changes, moved to distribution within the Forge
    v2022-07-23 - Fixes for a bug submitted by MrDDT
    v2022-07-24 - Returned output for Attack Prettifier back to previous layout. Added more flavor to results.
    v2022-07-26 - Removed debug chat messages
    v2022-07-27 - Fixed some issues surrounding Show Results
    v2022-08-03 - Updated HP options (see above). Now takes advantage of new class manager
    Last edited by deer_buster; August 4th, 2022 at 05:46. Reason: v1.9 - Release
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Nice work ! I love it .

You may want to say what ruleset(s) this works in.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That's an interesting extension - well done! It doesn't seem to offer an option whereby the players can see their own roll totals, but they can't see the DM's roll totals. That is the mode that I've seen in all the face-to-faced games I've played - the players roll their own dice, and see the results, but the DM rolls their dice behind the screen and tells the players the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    That's an interesting extension - well done! It doesn't seem to offer an option whereby the players can see their own roll totals, but they can't see the DM's roll totals. That is the mode that I've seen in all the face-to-faced games I've played - the players roll their own dice, and see the results, but the DM rolls their dice behind the screen and tells the players the outcome.
    That's already built into FG, Switch off Show DM Rolls and leave the other two options on. All that this extension does is change the output of the roll in chat. It doesn't change who sees what.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Great extension. I'm probably asking too much, but let me explain:
    The way we play, we like to show the players the GM's roll, that the result is a hit, but hide the bonus applied and the total result, so people that use spells or abilities similar to Shield would know that is a hit, but has to risk wasting a spell slot. Right now shield has no risk involved, just substracting which makes it extra powerful. And hiding GM rolls is not an option, hiding rolls from players always seemed shady to us and prone to fudging.

TLDR, is it possible to hide bonuses applied and total result, but show dice roll and if the attack is a hit or a miss?

TY
    Last edited by arkanis; February 15th, 2019 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    Great extension. I'm probably asking too much, but let me explain:
    The way we play, we like to show the players the GM's roll, that the result is a hit, but hide the bonus applied and the total result, so people that use spells or abilities similar to Shield would know that is a hit, but has to risk wasting a spell slot. Right now shield has no risk involved, just substracting which makes it extra powerful. And hiding GM rolls is not an option, hiding rolls from players always seemed shady to us and prone to fudging.

TLDR, is it possible to hide bonuses applied and total result, but show roll and if the attack is a it or a miss?

TY
    I understand what you are saying. You want to see the raw d20 and the result. I'll do some looking and see if there is anything I can provide in that realm.
    aka Laendra

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You may want to say what ruleset(s) this works in.
    I originally had it in the topic title, but when I did a quick advanced edit of the first post to fix a typo, it actually changed the topic title too....which I didn't think was possible (with only the post title being able to be changed). Could you possible change it to put it back in?
    aka Laendra

I've added 5E to the thread title.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe!
    aka Laendra

Thread Information