DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    It's a megathread, but the most popular ideas get voted to the top. I'll take this over the current system any day :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
    Hmm, it seems uservoice no longer has a free plan...

How about upvoting in a reddit thread, like here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsim...vote_for_your/

A feature request tracker like Idea Informer where you can't find previous feature requests is essentially useless in my opinion...
    "As this thread is never permanent, I suggest also posting your suggestions on our official forums "

Doesn't sound that useful to me.

The reason why it's not permanent is because the TTS guys recreate it every few months to 'refresh' it. There's nothing that prevents you from keeping the thread pinned forever.

I think the biggest downside of the ideainformer wish list is that it is a different site that most (I'm guessing) FG users, and even most FG forum participants, don't check very often, if ever. That won't be addressed by using a Reddit thread instead.

I think maintaining a sub-forum here on fantasygrounds.com where the ideas are listed and linked would solve the problem, but I acknowledge that there are a helluva lot of ideas currently under consideration, and so maintaining that list would be a pain in the fundament.

There are some other free options like Gitlab (milestones). You can submit a request and then it can be tracked. You can watch the issue and get email updates when something changes. Doesn't have a vote option. There is also a discord plugin that lets you push those alerts to a channel.

It tends to be more useful for developers wanting to give users more transparency with changes and requests progress.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I definitely agree with the original post... I thought I had messed up making the PC's or something. For localized play on a single PC running Fantasy Grounds for the GM... this is a must have feature. I realize that FG wasn't possibly meant for in-person play on a single GM PC running a player instance... But some of us see FG as a great tool to do so and I hope the developers have us in mind. I haven't ever really looked at other solutions... but in-person gamers want the feature.

It really slowed my combat and gameplay down. In fact... as a noobie I am not even sure how to us FG to run my combat if I have to use the outside PC Sheets to select the actions... I guess I gotta run some tests if I can't find any tutorials for one PC GM ran FG setups...
    Last edited by artreri; December 25th, 2019 at 08:38.

If you want to use FG on single PC and have Player|GM interaction just launch second instance of FG and connect to the local host. Have the second instance's user to claim all heroes and this is how you do it.

A host even though it can claim all PCs, they won't appear in the upper screen and will be a bit cumbersome to interact with. Also host has full control over a map and if there is fog of war, the players will see through.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information