DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

4th Edition D&D and Fantasy Grounds

After getting a chance to look at FantasyGrounds at GenCon (I haven't really looked at it since 2.0 came out), I'm quite interested in setting up and running a weekly 4th edition game, likely using Living Realms modules as a base. However, the only ruleset for 4th edition that I have seen is the one on Four Ugly Monsters, and it's not really a ruleset, but seemingly a means to script a ruleset by copying and pasting the Core Books (or whatever else) into a certain format and then importing it.

Well, try as I might, I haven't been able to find a simple way to get it to work, and so before I give up, I figured that I would check to see if anybody knew of another way to get it to work. I would very much like to take this on, but I've begun to realize that I will never figure the FUM way out -- does anyone have any ideas?

Firstly:

There is no official 4E ruleset and given the current WOTC stance as evidenced by the GSL, it does not look like there will ever be. The 4E_JPG ruleset available on FourUglyMonsters is entirely fan created and supported and is not assoicated with SmiteWorks in any way.

Secondly:
    You seem to be confused as to what is available on FourUglyMonsters. There are two types of offerings on FUM: a ruleset and parsers.

The ruleset contains all the windows, combat tracker, character sheet, and non-data features for 4E play. It contains empty templates for the manual entry of powers, items, and monsters. Many groups played (and probably still do play) 4E games using just the ruleset and manually entered data.

Parsers are another series of tools, that I created, which reduce this need for manual data entry, they convert sections of the rulebooks (which you must supply) into reference modules. These are called parsers. They are completely optional for 4E play. The parsers themselves contain no 4E material, they just provide a mechanism for converting material you supply into FG2 modules specially designed to work with the 4E_JPG ruleset.

If you have any specific questions about the ruleset or the parsers I recommend you ask them on FourUglyMonsters, you'll generally find the people there very helpful. Many of them are successfully using these tools and could prove to be an invaluable asset if you are looking for something similar to the 3.5 offerings with a complete SRD.

Where can you find these items on FourUglyMonsters. I looked in the downloads area, but couldn't find them?

Check the Downloads area here for my tutorial crash course on using this ruleset, too.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenian
    I am new to the Fantasy Grounds program, and I am excited to game with my buddies using this product. I have tried to click on this link to get to the 4th ed files, however it seems that the page it directs me to may have been hacked. Do you guys know of another place to get the 4th ed rules set. Thanks so much for helping out the new guys.

High Inquisitor Lord

Quote Originally Posted by High Inquisitor Lord
    I am new to the Fantasy Grounds program, and I am excited to game with my buddies using this product. I have tried to click on this link to get to the 4th ed files, however it seems that the page it directs me to may have been hacked. Do you guys know of another place to get the 4th ed rules set. Thanks so much for helping out the new guys.

High Inquisitor Lord
    Same here - the front page of the site seems to be having problems. I can get into the community forums for FUM, but can't seem to find a link to the 4E ruleset. Can anyone help us out, please?

I've PM'd a direct link to you both. It's been asked that we not direct link the file on this board.

I can't thank you enough, have a great weekend!

Hey I just seen this thread and am having the same issues. I really like 4e because i felt it concreately gave every class a role and usefullness so can anyone pm me the direct link as well?

Thread Information