FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PC actions in combat tracker

I know this has been discussed in the past before, but can I add my voice to those requesting that the PC actions also get displayed on the combat tracker, just as the NPCs?

I'm using FG to support local play, so I'm controlling both the PCs and the NPCs. Having to switch between the different character sheets to input the player actions is extremely cumbersome and wastes screen real estate. (And screen and window management is not FG's strong suit to begin with :-) )

It seems this was possible in the past, but was removed at some point, probably because it does not make sense for online play. However, could there at least be an option to bring this back for those doing local play?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Indeed, as you say it was deprecated some time ago since normally the DM doesn't need to see the PC actions in the CT.

Make your request/suggestion in the wish list - or vote for it if it is already there. Link in my signature.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by pastiche View Post
    It seems this was possible in the past, but was removed at some point, probably because it does not make sense for online play.
    I don't think was ever the case for the mainstream rulesets. See the comment from the main FG developer nearly 5 years ago here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post180933 It's more a case of over complexity in the CT, especially for characters with a lot of actions - it's a lot of development for very little return (IMO).

You can make a request to the devs on the wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/ (Check for a similar request first)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Could you elaborate where the complexity comes from? One would hope that the code to populate the actions list for NPCs would be very similar for PCs.

Alternatively, is there a hack to create some sort of NPC copy of a PC?

Could you elaborate where the complexity comes from? One would hope that the code to populate the actions list for NPCs would be very similar for PCs.
    Which ruleset are you referring to?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

5e for now, later your PF2 ruleset.

The underlying PC data structure is different from that of a NPC, For high level PCs it can be very complex (many attacks, many spells, many powers, extra custom actions/effects added, etc.).

Alternatively, is there a hack to create some sort of NPC copy of a PC?
    Nope. Due to the difference, and complexity, of the data structures that I've just mentioned.

BTW, filtering in Idea Informer does not work: I typed "combat tracker" to see if there were any similar requests, which shows a few matches, but then when I click on "74 ideas more", the search just resets. This makes it extremely hard to vote for an existing feature request... I tried both with Chrome and IE.

I tried a number of different combinations of searches for character action visible on the combat tracker and didn't find anything. So I think it is fairly safe to say that there isn't already a request for this on the wish list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It was in the 5e ruleset, once upon a time. It worked well, and I used it. SmiteWorks chose to remove the option, and when I asked for it to be left alone I was informed that I didn't need it. I was not pleased.

Apparently if you're a DM managing an NPC as a PC you're supposed to open up the character record instead of doing everything from the combat tracker.

Edit: Of note, the Actions tab of the PC record didn't link to the actions on the combat tracker, you had to enter them manually, which I did before the option to do so was entirely removed.
    Last edited by epithet; February 16th, 2019 at 05:19.

Thread Information