5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Gestosad View Post
    so my ISP has no access to it, the 10.146.0.1 is apparently my modem, the login for which has been lost to the sands of time ages upon ages ago
    What's the make and model? There are probably instructions online on how to factory reset it so you can use the factory default password.

Your modem may also have the default username and password printed on a label on the modem itself.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

can anyone confirm: Say i get Express VPN (which according to reviews is the top one atm) is it just to connect, set up a server, and away we go with Fantasy Grounds hosting?
    ExpressVPN won't work: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ort-forwarding

You have a few options if you still can't access your modem - see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d-Alternatives
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So only AlgoVPN and PureVPN are the only VPN options? as i have researched both and found a staggering amount of complaints and pitfalls with them - and both me and my entire group of friends have a very troubled history with Hamachi

For what it's worth, many people on the forums, me included, use PureVPN (with the dedicated IP option) and have found it to work very well. I haven't personally used PureVPN support, but a few users on these forums are very complimentary of them.

Well given your clearly staggering amount of experience, that is worth quite a lot actually - may i then ask, how complicated is it to set it up to work once i have downloaded it? i assume it won't just be as simple as paying them, pressing a few buttons and away we go

may i then ask, how complicated is it to set it up to work once i have downloaded it? i assume it won't just be as simple as paying them, pressing a few buttons and away we go
    It pretty much is as simple as that.

The GM has to the do the following, the players don't do anything.

1) Purchase and install PureVPN. Make sure the PureVPN connection is set as Private (it usually installs as Public).
    2) Start PureVPN and enter your PureVPN username and password.
    3) Select a relevant location that supports the dedicated IP option.
    4) Connect the PureVPN VPN.
    5) Wait for PureVPN to indicate it's connected and the IP address has been assigned.
    6) Start Fantasy Grounds and continue as normal.

For future connections you'll just have to start pure VPN and do steps 4-6 as everything else will be remembered from last time.

On their purchase tab, do i need to also get the Port Forwarding option for 1.99 a month, and/or the dedicated server? for it to work with this i mean

On their purchase tab, do i need to also get the Port Forwarding option for 1.99 a month, and/or the dedicated server? for it to work with this i mean
    Just the dedicated IP address option.

Alright well i bought it along with the deciated IP; when i go to the Dedicated IP section, it asks me for a Hostname - anyone entered returns ''Unable to connect to remote server'' do i have to create this somewhere?

Edit: my new IP was sent by E-mail

Edit: I have followed your steps, however no one in my group can join all the same, tried giving them the 4 word alias, and the new IP for this server - nothing.

Edit: For when you hopefully read this, the steps i have done are

Installed the PureVPN, made sure it is a private connection
    Bought the Dedicated IP
    Started PureVPN, selected Dedicated IP, entered the one i recievd in the e-mail
    waited for it to boot up and confirm i was connected
    started up fantasy grounds
    loaded a campaign
    gave my friend both the 4 worded alias and my external IP
    he tried both - still get the same error
    Also just a PS - the Connection Test within the game does say ''Success''

I can connect when i open a second instance of the game, and type in the 4 word cord (not localhost) but i am unsure if this means anything
    Last edited by Gestosad; February 13th, 2019 at 22:16.

Thread Information