FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Licensing Question related to two computers

Hey everyone, first time poster new to FG. I like the system a lot but have a quick question.

I understand FG can only be on one machine at a time. I installed on my laptop, but after some experimentation and learning I figured out my laptop is way to small for my old man eyes. Plus the DM, me, needs more room to lay out all the windows.

If I disable the license and uninstall on my laptop can I just install on a new machine, and input license code with no issues at that point?

Welcome to the FG forums.

Smiteworks have said that it's OK to have a couple of installations of FG with the same license. As long as they are your computers (FG has a user based license) and you only use one of the installations at a time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, great, good to know. Thank you for the welcome and quick reply.

It's not working, telling me my activation key is invalid. FG is not currently running on laptop but it's not working when I copy and paste into my new desktop install.

fg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles666 View Post
    It's not working, telling me my activation key is invalid. FG is not currently running on laptop but it's not working when I copy and paste into my new desktop install.

fg.jpg
    Having FG installed on your laptop won't impact installing on another computer. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the license key and that all parts of the code are entered. To check the key is still OK, run an update on your laptop and see if that raises any issues with the license key.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    And make sure you put your fgforum username and password in.
    That's a good idea in general. In this case, however, not having a FG username entered won't cause the issue reported.

Also, make sure you are using the License Key from the store email; and not your activation code from your forum registration. Additionally, you can get your license key from your Order History on the FG store, or the Library in Steam (depending on where you bought it).

Regards,
    JPG

I'm an idiot, lol. I was using the wrong code I received for forums activation and not licensing. Thanks again.

Moon Wizard hit the nail on the head, me being the nail haha.

Oh and Trenloe we're neighbors, I just moved to Capital Hill from Philly, hence the need for FG to game with folks back home...love it here so far.

Thread Information