DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Disallowed Edges/Hindrances/Skills/Powers by Setting?

Fairly new at FG.

Since SW uses a core system, modified by each setting, and the settings both add and remove certain things, is there a way to actually remove edges/hindrances/etc. from settings?

Or more accurately, is there a way to provide the players, through the system, a consolidated list of edges/hindrances/skills/etc. That ONLY contain the legal choices for that setting?

The way it appears to me, at the moment, is I have to upload the setting book, upload the core book, share them both with the players, and hope they know which ones they can and cannot choose from.

Is this correct?

I usually audit characters during creation as questions always come up about what is/isn't allowed. If the setting has a page about setting rules, I usually make a story/note that is shared with players when they start, so they know what is not allowed in the setting. I have this issue at a physical table as well, so I don't think it's a new problem.

I don't think there is a way to have a setting remove a edge/hindrance/etc. from the core book within FG at the moment, but you could put it on the https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/ for possible addition to a later update.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert4818 View Post
    Or more accurately, is there a way to provide the players, through the system, a consolidated list of edges/hindrances/skills/etc. That ONLY contain the legal choices for that setting?
    Assuming we're talking about a preexisting setting, each setting will have a page that specifically lists which edges and hindrances (and setting rules) are allowed or not. At a minimum, you can share that page with your players. Hopefully you can all trust one another, but as @Eru said, sometimes auditing becomes necessary. In the projects I release, I make an effort to create lists within that setting like you say (especially with setting rules; I'll have to go check if I attempted the same with edges and hindrances or not) however even if a list frame is created, everything is still displayed in the master index windows (the sidebar buttons) because that's what they're for.

Quote Originally Posted by robert4818 View Post
    The way it appears to me, at the moment, is I have to upload the setting book, upload the core book, share them both with the players, and hope they know which ones they can and cannot choose from.
    The Player's Guide, and all other player-facing content should already be shared by default; nothing you have to do yourself.

Another solution would be to create a "New Group" in the Powers, Edges and Hindrances sections and label it something appropriate for your setting. Then drag and drop what you want to allow into those new groups. Then tell your players they can only select stuff from those groups. You could even turn off the modules the abilities originally came from, and then the only lists your players would see would be the ones you created.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Thread Information