FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Older player returning to gaming after a 25 year break.....

Years ago, I both played and DM'ed AD&D 2nd edition. However, as often happens, life got in the way. Now that I am older, I find myself with the time and the interest in getting back into gaming. Ideally, I would prefer a campaign that is starting out and/or willing to tolerate a player that may not be as familiar as I should be with the rules until I spin up to speed. Though I have a life and am often busy, I am also the sort that keeps my commitments to others, including those I hope to game with

Saturday or Sunday mornings would work best, but I may be able to do certain evenings as well. I am in the eastern time zone.

I would prefer a non evil campaign, and prefer to play casters or rangers as opposed to melee.

Welcome back to gaming, and welcome to the FG forums!
    I was in your position 2 years back, and this proved to be a very friendly and encouraging place. I hope you find a game that suits you and that you get dragged back into the hobby as thoroughly as I did!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Tallin I am like you, I started playing D&D in the late 70's, back when it was 3 beige pamphlets in a white box. Played into the mid 80's but had moved from player to DM and the demands on my time made me stop. Now retired I started looking into D&D again, found Roll 20 and Fantasy Grounds, selected Fantasy Grounds and am happily DMing a campaign of my own creation. Having a blast... I hope you do too

I'm an old timer as well. Started in my teens in the mid 80s. We should find an old timer game.

Yeah.. we could play with my little baby brother, if a 57 year old kid would be accepted

I started in the boxed sets as well. Mine was red and I still have a couple of the dice from that set (most of the crayon is still in the number slots!). The Keep on the borderlands module included in that set is still a magical memory for me! I also had extended breaks over the years but decided to jump back in a few years ago. Schedule is still a constant obstacle but you gotta "make time" for the things you enjoy. I was in a Kingmaker campaign but the GM started having computer issues and the group fell apart. So, I am also looking for a new group.

You can see from the responses that there are plenty of players looking for a group. Finding the "right" group for you can take a little more time but you'll get there. Best of luck and happy adventuring!!

Blog Entries
    Good to see lots of other "Old School" RPG'ers around here these days. Could always use more of us!
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    I got him in my game, we build a PC for it tomorrow. I think the youngest player is 48, so gettin to be old timers !
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

I am an OG gamer as well 35+ years primarily as a DM. Started D&D back in the 80s with boxed then 1st edition eventually migrating to 3.5E. I currently DM a game on FG every other Friday and am looking to join a game as a player. Let me know if you find something and I will do as well. Good luck and welcome back.

Thread Information