Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Central US Timezone
    Day of week and time: Tuesdays from 7:00 - 10:00 PM CT
    If new game, planned start date: Ongoing
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly three-hour sessions
    Term: No end date

Text or Voice: Voice & Text
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Occasionally recorded but not streamed. Webcam not required for players

Roleplay & Combat mix: DM hopes for balance. Currently, the group is in extended combat environment
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 players currently. One additional member needed - prefer caster class but we can discuss.
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting level = 4
    Character restrictions: Mainly Players Handbook but will consider expansion races and classes. Please discuss with DM

Details of your scenario:
    This is a home-brew campaign which started at first level. Currently, the group is at 4th level.

The World of Daearen (Deer-en)
    · The year is 1065 CA (Cumbria Accords)
    · The setting is more a feeling of primeval nature.
    · A Celtic or Finnish feel to the world and culture permeates religion and beliefs.
    · Humans are just entering their ascension as a dominant force in the world, and more specifically in the area of Cumbria.
    · Broad swathes of continents are completely unsettled.
    · Dragons can be found in abundance in certain areas
    · Elves are at their height of enlightenment.
    · Dwarves are at their peak of creativity. They are considered the “original race” of Daearen. Main civilization is located in the mountains called Connemara
    · Halflings are rare.
    · Gnomes can be found working well with Dwarves and sometimes Elves.
    · Druids and Rangers are revered for their expertise and are in high demand in the wilder areas of frontier.
    · Hobgoblin tribes and nations are reviled and feared.
    · Giants are in abundance in Fomoria.
    · There is an ancient & strange civilization which underlies current cultures but is long gone(?). Elves and dwarves refer to it in origin stories. There are also gods associated with these legends. The ancient people are described as having silvery hair, dark skin and an ethereal beauty surpassing even the most comely elves. They are also described as small (4’ or less in height), slight of build and very lithe. Antlers are not uncommon, and are decorated as part of their family crest. Some legends describe them as fantastically fast and intelligent. Some also believe that they are responsible for spawning elves and drow. They “landed” in Sliabh an Iarainn (Iron Mountain) in Tuatha de Danann. The ancient pantheon is said to include:
    o Alianath - Goddess of Music and Luck
    o Cronnoth - God of the Sea and Water
    o Alincor - God of the Hunt
    o Malizar - God of War and Strife
    o Minagrez - The Guardian - God of Strength and Law
    o Merakoth - God of Knowledge
    o Muscidia - Goddess of Death, Decay and Mercy
    o Duhne - Goddess of Love and Family
    o Taniath - The Temptress - Goddess of Temptation
    o Aluath - Goddess of Nature and Storms

The group is currently deep underground and faced with a threat from Kobolds in league with some plotting devils. There are also a few mysteries surrounding an invasion of Hobgoblins in the East Marches of the Kingdom of Cumbria... welcome aboard if you dare!

The group members are also members of MOG NATION GAMING. We would like to extend an invitation to any prospective new players to join our gaming community.
    Last edited by Zapranoth; February 15th, 2019 at 16:36.

Hi, I'm very new to D&D and would like to join if the group wouldn't mind a new player. I would be willing to play any role the group needs. Thank you.

I have to learn to speak up quicker... If BigMatty changes his mind I'd be interested in trying my hand and a sorcery/warlock hybrid of the celestial type.. So a heal caster of sorts...

Thanks for the responses. I've sent you both PM's for your consideration

Zap

Hello there, I am very interested in joining your game. I have a very fun High Elf Wizard concept that I think would be a great fit for he party and conforms well to your world. Please message me if you still have space. Thanks!

@Icebreaker1211 - We filled the Sunday group, but I DO have an opening for our Tuesday group. That session meets weekly from 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Central Time. I'll send you a PM with more details. Meanwhile, I'll update this post to reflect the new opening...

Zap

joining the campain

hi im new to fantasy grounds but ive got a pretty good amount of experience at 5e and i mostly play spellcasters or archers i would be interested in joining

@mojo291 - Sending you a PM

Zap

Wow, looks like a great initiative. Feel sorry that I'm not experienced enough to join you group yet

Thread Information