FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help with some questions

Let me start of saying i am terribly sorry if this Thread is in the wrong category, i'm uncertain where to put it, will delete and move if someone tells me where it should go

Hi everyone, i am new to the Fantasy Grounds forums and program, been working for many years building my own custom system and have had relative success on Tabletop Sim but now i want to expand and as such i am moving my system over to Fantasy Grounds (If anyone is interested, it is based off of an old cult classic favorite of mine, Warlords Battlecry)

I have decided that the DnD 5.0 Ruleset is the closest akin to what i have been using, it just requires tweaking, personally i am a graphic designer and i have a few friends who are proffesional coders so i am certain it can be made to work

I do have some questions that i would like to see if anyone here can anwser for me, will look through the tutorials some more, but i would like to have as much of this basis as possible before taking up their time with helping me create

Things i am trying to figure out:

1. Adding damage types, in the base there is fire, slashing, piercing, that kind of thing - can anyone direct me to the .XML that holds the root for these values? and if applicable, where the calculation is in order to make the code add these when it picks up things like Vulnerabilities, Immunities and so on

2. In regards to said Vulnerabilities - What XML is that located in? as my system uses a variety of Vulnerabilities and Resistances in contrast to the DnD flat 50%

3. I have located how to alter the values within say, the character sheet, but i have failed to find how to add additional categories and the like within the sheet, as in i would like my characters to have a trackable Mana value - is it as simple as creating a new one, copying the Anchor section values and tweaking them until it fits on the screen?

For anyone that takes an interest or has any knowledge to offer on any of the above i would be eternally grateful

Blog Entries
    Welcome

This location is not bad, maybe the workshop would be better, but I wouldn't start over. Maybe ask a Mod to move it if desired.

First, I haven't done any of this, so I can't give you too many details, but I have seen similar questions asked enough that I can get you started.

First, make a copy of the corerpg.pak and 5e.pak files, unzip them and rename the directories (rename them so FG doesn't start using them, or move them out of the ruleset folder). Next, you will need to realize that 5E is layered on top of Corerpg, so it inherits everything in Core. Hence when you can't find something, look in the core files.

Most people suggest using something like Notepad++ and its find in Files/directory option. Hence you can look for something like "vulnerability" through all the files in an entire directory (i.e. the unpacked ruleset). Though, searching for a specific vulnerability might be more productive in case, or maybe "vulnerabil"

Also, I think the vuln/resist question has been asked and answered, might try a site search if you haven't already.

Good luck, and welcome aboard!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Some info on modifying the ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-PFRPG-ruleset This is for 3.5E, but the principals (and a lot of the info) applies to 5E - just replace 3.5E with 5E in that post.

1) A lot of system specific data is stored in the 5E ruleset, scripts\data_common.lua file, in the form of a LUA table. dmgtypes is the LUA table in this case.

2) Vulnerabilities and Resistances are programmed as part of the logic in the damage action. Start in scripts\manager_action_damage.lua - start in the getDamageAdjust function.

3) Any graphical element is defined in the XML - if you want to add a new control/field, then it's a case of adding the XML and adjusting the anchoring/placement. Here's a good example of an extension that adds some fields to the character sheet in CoreRPG: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...PFRPG-CoC-CnC)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you both so much! Will look into it tonight and get churning

One last question; For now at least - My particular playgroup consists of me and 5 others, given that the ultimate license costs the same as about 2,5 license keys for us, it would make more financial sense to pool the money to me via giftcard and get the Ultimate Edition
    So i just want to clarify and make 100% certain, If i own the Ultimate License of this game, all 5 other members only require to download the Demo version, and they will be able to join and play my content without any extra charge, correct? so assuming that they do not wish to use the tool to host their own sessions, 1 ultimate license and 5 demo versions is all we require to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestosad View Post
    If i own the Ultimate License of this game, all 5 other members only require to download the Demo version, and they will be able to join and play my content without any extra charge, correct? so assuming that they do not wish to use the tool to host their own sessions, 1 ultimate license and 5 demo versions is all we require to use it?
    Correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information