5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 19 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dcanimate View Post
    This has been amazing and has allowed me to mostly model the imperial calendar for Warhammer Fantasy (crazy stuff with holidays not existing as days of the week or being numbered were ignored).

The one thing that I am trying to figure out now is if there is a way to change the formatting for multiple holidays falling on the same day. They are currently separated with a "/" and I would prefer that they are on different lines or separated with line breaks. Is this possible within the ext similar to how the date format can be changed? I have no idea how this would be accomplished.
    Thats doable with an extension, but a bit outside the scope of the calendar tutorial. You would need to redefine some of the calendar windowclasses. If you extract the CoreRPG ruleset, take a look at the utility/utility_calendar.xml file. that has all of the window definitions used in the calendar.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I am having a problem with the calendar. I initially started to mod Example 2 - Simple Calendar, Holidays. All I need necessarily is to have 10 months with each having 41 days and the last day being holiday always. Either that or separate "holiday mini months" outside the normal month. So 40 + 1 + 40 + 1 etc. What happened is that I only changed the name of the first month to my needing and se the number of days and name of the holiday. It worked fine. All changes after that are not updated to fantasy grounds regardless of what i try. I obviously replace the .mod with fresh file, close and open fantasy grounds again, unload and load module, and reset calendar.

Even if I remove all the other sample months it still shows the "FifthMonth" etc samples there. With 28 days. Any insight what could I be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by HyljeKlubi View Post
    I am having a problem with the calendar. I initially started to mod Example 2 - Simple Calendar, Holidays. All I need necessarily is to have 10 months with each having 41 days and the last day being holiday always. Either that or separate "holiday mini months" outside the normal month. So 40 + 1 + 40 + 1 etc. What happened is that I only changed the name of the first month to my needing and se the number of days and name of the holiday. It worked fine. All changes after that are not updated to fantasy grounds regardless of what i try. I obviously replace the .mod with fresh file, close and open fantasy grounds again, unload and load module, and reset calendar.

Even if I remove all the other sample months it still shows the "FifthMonth" etc samples there. With 28 days. Any insight what could I be doing wrong?
    I assume you are trying to see these changes in the same campaign. When you select a calendar, it copies the information about the calendar (months, days, etc) into the campaign and does not reference the module after that. In order for you to see the change, you need to right click and reset the calendar, then reselect it.

If you still see the unexpected months after resetting and reloading, try posting the calendar mod here and I can take a look.

Last edited by mattekure; February 1st, 2022 at 15:47.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I indeed did reset it every time I made changes. Here is the zip file (i rename it to mod obviously when putting to mod folder)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by HyljeKlubi View Post
    I indeed did reset it every time I made changes. Here is the zip file (i rename it to mod obviously when putting to mod folder)
    You have an error on line 22, the ending of the days tag is incorrect.

fix that tag and the calendar works fine.

Hi there!

Trying to create a calendar, 13 months, varying days and some holidays. Custom names. Nothing too fancy. Been trying to adapt one of the examples but I cant seem to get FG to recognise the module when I repack it. Any idea where i've gone wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Artlox View Post
    Hi there!

Trying to create a calendar, 13 months, varying days and some holidays. Custom names. Nothing too fancy. Been trying to adapt one of the examples but I cant seem to get FG to recognise the module when I repack it. Any idea where i've gone wrong?
    It wont load because your xml is invalid in the db.xml. You have a bunch of mismatched tags. Mostly the holidays tags. remember, the tags have to be paired like this. <holidays> </holidays> Mostly you have closing tags without the slash, so it appears like a new opening tag.

stuff like this
    Code:
    <holidays>
        <holiday1>
            <duration type="number">7</duration>
            <name type="string">Festival of Blossoms</name>
            <startday type="number">9</startday>
        </holiday1>
    <holidays>   <-- this line needs a slash to close the first tag.  </holidays>
    This type of error appears multiple times through the db.xml.

Blog Entries
    If you use an xml editor like Notepad++ and set the language to xml, you will quickly see these types of mismatched tags.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

yeah, with notepad++ you can get the xml tools plugin and check syntax with it. it also warns you if you save it and the syntax is wrong.

Yup! As an It guy it's my go to tool!

PS: Great community support guys!

Thread Information