STAR TREK 2d20

Custom token folders, (bags), not showing up in application

Hi,

Basically I can add tokens/pogs just fine to the existing folders/bags and if I buy a token pack or module they show up just fine. However when I attempt to add my own folder/bag it does not show up in Fantasy Grounds.

I go to my appdata folder located - (C:/Users/Robert Fountain/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/tokens/host) and I can add any token I want to the existing folders or ones added by purchased modules or token packs and they show up fine. The problem is when I create a custom folder, for example Map Objects, (C:/Users/Robert Fountain/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/tokens/host/Map Objects) the folder does not show up in Fantasy grounds, and of course none of the tokens added to that folder show up either.

I looked around and found various issues folks have had with tokens but it turned out to be where the data directory is located in their settings however my setting appear correct.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Robert

Welcome to the forums.

I've just done a test and adding a new directory to the tokens\hosts directory is seen immediately, as are any tokens I add to that directory.

What ruleset are you running?

How many tokens do you already have in the tokens directory and in open modules?

Note: It can take a while for the tokens window in FG to fully populate - especially if you have lots of tokens already.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I am using the 3.5E ruleset.

Beyond what was included initially in Fantasy grounds I have just a small addition. I have added probably less then 30 additional tokens in the Monster Tokens, Animal Tokens, and Character Tokens folders. I also have A0 Crows Island, AaW U1 Dark Days in Stoneholmen, Well Met in Kith'takharos. The tokens and the folders/bags show up for that, but when I add the custom ones they do not show up and of course any tokens in them do not either. Examples are two folders I added called I2 Tomb of the Lizard King, and I7 Baltron's Beacon.

Thanks,

Ok I think I figured it out.

The folder will not show up as a bag in Fantasy grounds unless it has images/tokens in it. If its empty it will now show up.

As soon as I populated the folders they now show up as bags in FG

Does this sound accurate?

Thanks,

Indeed, it has to have something in it.

It isn't really a good idea to have too many tokens (better none at all) in the tokens/host folder. Better to make token modules. See here for how to do that https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...389#post382389
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information