5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Update wiped out my entire campaigns folder

I just did the latest update and it seems to have deleted everything in my campaign folder!!
    I ran a scandisk to make sure it wasn't HDD related, i was able to recover from shadow copy but is this a bug?
    All my campaigns were listed before the update...

still looking to see if it did anything more than this.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Seems Portraits and Tokens were also affected...I had my tokens backed up but not portraits folder...grrrrrrrrrr
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

And extensions, it is like it rolled my back to a clean installation...
    Guess I will have to use a restore utility fml...
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

Ran recovery tool and sure enough they had been deleted, yet bypassed the Recycle bin.
    Perplexed as how this could have even happened!
    I am on the Live build fwiw.
    If I had not seen the files just before the update I would think hardware or user issue was the culprit!
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

I am on Live. I did a backup and reran the update. normal behavior so far...
    I ran all kinds of tests afterwards, drive health, event logs, stuck keyboard haha...this is a great mystery as I have been doing this for a very long time without a single issue.
    Its now made me paranoid that my entire drive is flaking out (even if it tests fine).
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

I haven't heard of anything like this before. The only time FG deletes a directory is on uninstall, and when clearing player cache (and that's only the cache subfolder).

Regards,
    JPG

Yeah, have no answers yet as to why. I was able to recover everything i believe. The bizzaro thing were the select directories it deleted from.
    If i find an better answer, I will post it.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

Blog Entries
    You don't have two installs do you? Or something that would have changed a registry setting to move/reassign your FG Data folder do you?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have a standard setup for FG, always have.
    It is very possible at this point it was not FG triggered, i have scoured my drive and the only thing i know so far that was missing was some contents inside the FG Data folder.
    If i had not seen the campaigns listed right before clicking update and then seeing them blanked out, I would not even suspect the update.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA

Thread Information