STAR TREK 2d20

Your adventurer is Level 14, You are ready to retire, where would you go?

Killian the Red is a noble sorcerer. His family is in Waterdeep. At 14, he will have wings (gold dragon sorcerer). He is not enamored with politics and is not in line to inherit much of anything.
    He will settle down in Silverymoon, raising his family there.

(if you are not familiar with Faerun, Silverymoon is a walled city in the wild north. It is full of magic, art, and splendor, and hearkens back to days of glory)

Where would you retire? Let us know, if you are in a homebrew world, we might need a bit more explanation but have fun. it will be assumed you are successful and have lots of expendable cash.
    Last edited by Vos; February 7th, 2019 at 18:25.

The Dalelands. I miss that part of Faerun. I wish 5E would revisit Daggerdale, Shadowdale, and Myth Drannor. Or I suppose I could get off my lazy butt and convert it myself
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    The Dalelands. I miss that part of Faerun. I wish 5E would revisit Daggerdale, Shadowdale, and Myth Drannor. Or I suppose I could get off my lazy butt and convert it myself
    Or write it from scratch and publish it on the DMsGuild for pocket change

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If in Faerun, assuming the character had access to at least a reasonable amount of magic, I'd retire to Halrua. In Eberon Stormreach pretty much in every conceivable circumstance. In Mystara to Serraine the flying city. In Ravenloft you usually don't get to choose you're stuck where you are due to the mists and Darksun characters die they don't retire. ^.^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    ..Darksun characters die they don't retire. ^.^
    Darksun characters don't reach 14th level, you are lucky if they make it to second!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Darksun characters don't reach 14th level, you are lucky if they make it to second!
    I so loved the original rules where you started with three characters for the first session because it was assumed (and usually correct) that every session would have a wipe. Totally masochistic but fun.

But in all seriousness, my favorite place in any setting for a character to retire is Pandius the city on the back side of Mystara's moon because it means the character is retiring as a deity. ^.^
    Though I do love the rules for playing as an immortal.
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; February 10th, 2019 at 19:04.

Thread Information