STAR TREK 2d20

spell creation campaign to module

So, I'm done trying to get par5e to work with today's FG. I think I've gone as far as I can. So, I need to create and edit the spells in my SW5e ruleset.

The "correct" way to do this seems to be to create a campaign, edit things, then export as a module. So, I started making a "campaign" that would just be the spells of my ruleset.

I'm having difficulties with effects. Adding effects seems to only be available in the character sheet once you assign the spell. Is there a way to get this detail back to the base spell book spell? Other than directly editing the XML I mean.

Blog Entries
    create a new 5e campaign.
    create a new spell - "Pico Was Here".
    close FG.
    find the camaign db.xml file and locate your new spell in the xml.
    replace the whole spells section in this new campaign with the content from your Par5e.

Load up the campaign in FG and edit the remaining spell settings...
    Or at least I think that will be your best way...

Thanks damned. This is working for just getting the descriptions into the new module/campaign. But, what is missing is the effects, and in some cases the attack action. I can add these once I assign the spell to a character (in the character sheet where you right click on the spell name and add an action) but I cannot find a way to edit the spell in the spell list to add an effect/action. So, when you remove the character, the spell effects are gone and you would have to do this every time a person picks a spell.

So far, the only way I can see to do this is to edit the XML and copy the <actions></actions> section from the character-sheet spell to the spell-list spell definition. Is this my only option?

If this is for 5E - have you looked at NPC Engineer? I think it does spells now. Here's a link for the page.

NPC Engineer

Effects are create by FG when the spell is added to the character. There's an internal parser which fixes on key phrases and words to create the effects.

If you want to export effects you will have to create then in a PC and then drag them from the actions tab into the spells dialog. All this will do, however, is create a sort of pseudo spell.

There isn't a way to export effects and hook those up with a particular spell.

If you are creating a spell module then I suggest that you just create the spell module and let the effects take care of themselves when the spell is applied. Not everything will parse mind you and some spells will require the user to create the effects once they've got the spell in their character sheet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information