5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 31 First 1234513 ... Last
    Is there anything in particular you need done? Perhaps I could help.

Right now I'm getting all the creatures and NPC's from the Bestiary entered. Probably do the magic items and stuff like that next. I've got all the maps, taking them through mapalign to get them grid-worthy.

Can't wait to run this.

I cheated.

I bought the PSD versions of all the maps and just remove the labels and grid - voila! Player maps.

I resized the majority of them to 25% actual size to make them FG Tolerable. The only ones I left big are, like I said, the ones where the scale is so big per their square.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

OK, I finally finished getting the 436 monsters from the RA Bestiary into a module using Engineer Suite.

Now to just get the encounters and parcels done.

If anyone else is doing this, watch for 'Gurang, The Speedy Troll' - ES will add a <speeed> tag in there and cause the mod to fail to load.

I had to change him to 'The Fast Troll' to make it not fail.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I've purchased the digital maps for RA from Frog God games, but I cant seem to align the FG grid with the grid that is baked into the digital maps. The alignment is fine for a few squares around my starting position, but it is increasingly off the further you look from the starting position. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Yep, those types of issues are known because those types of maps ether don't actually have regular grids, or the grids are fractional pixels (and hence you get drift).

Try the Map Align Utility; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I had written down on a 3x5 card what the optional grid size was for map align but I'm in the process of moving into our new house so it escapes me right now. I'm using the PSD files so I'm just able to remove the grid lair and just let FG to make it's own grid.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Map align works pretty well with these maps.

Blog Entries
    Yes use Map Align, or, even better, see if you can't get a version without a baked in grid.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I resized the majority of them to 25% actual size to make them FG Tolerable. The only ones I left big are, like I said, the ones where the scale is so big per their square.
    Looking forward, with Unity in mind and what I imagine will be a much smoother handling of large images and maps. Maybe having the option to use actual sized maps could be nice, for a higher polish experience?
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    Looking forward, with Unity in mind and what I imagine will be a much smoother handling of large images and maps. Maybe having the option to use actual sized maps could be nice, for a higher polish experience?
    Unity will be able to handle larger pixel size maps. But, clients will still have to download them so large file size maps may present issues for the players. GMs will still have to be aware of the possibility of players running on a 32-bit operating system (If FGU is supported on such platforms, I don't know) and those with limited bandwidth.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information