STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP for Curse of Strahd: Thursdays 8p-11/12p EST, Starting 2/7/19

FG License: DM has Ultimate License

About the DM: I'm relatively new to Fantasy Grounds - got it for Christmas, but have been working with it for at least a couple of hours every day, and have gotten used to it by a) Running a session for my wife and her best friend, and b) playing as a PC with two different groups. I'm no expert, but after about 200 hours of time with the program, I feel confident in running a game. Otherwise, I have been playing D&D since 1978 (40 years, 39 of those primarily as a DM), though I skipped 4th Edition entirely.

Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

Time Zone: EST

Day of week and time: Thursdays, 8pm to 11 or 12pm. Normal end time will be 11pm. Will extend to 12pm when all players agree on a session by session basis.

Planned start date: 0 session is Thursday, February 7th for character creation, introductions. If all are present and ready and it's not to late, we can get started. Otherwise - 1st Session is Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019.

Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly

Term: Long Term. Characters will be made with reference to the Forgotten Realms. The plan is to move on to other adventures when this is complete, either with the existing characters or new characters. I'll make some choices available when we're done, and the group can choose their (officially licensed) path.

Text or Voice: Voice and text. I'll likely make pretty extensive use of the chat, and encourage players to use it as well! A habit acquired from playing MUD's like Gemstone III.

Voice software used: Discord or Team Speak, whichever is the group preference. I will make extensive use of Syrinscape during all sessions.

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Not for public consumption. I may record a session or two for my own use/study, if no one objects.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50; XP doled out for exceptional roleplay, as well as exceptional tactical combat by the group (as bonus XP). XP awarded is a mixture of milestone and encounter XP, depending on the session content.

Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 PC's. Three slots are taken, 2 remain.

Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level Characters. All OFFICIAL 5e Source material is allowed (PHB, DMG, SCAG, MToF, XGtE, EEPC, CoS). DM has access to all (major) published D&D materials for FG. If you don't - wait until the 0 session to make your character so you have access to everything.

Character restrictions: No Monstrous races (Kobolds, Hobgoblins, etc). Evil characters are allowed (but not encouraged); antagonizing/attacking/stealing from other players because 'it's what my evil character would do' will not be tolerated. You MUST clear with the DM and have an acceptable backstory/reasons why you'd get along with the other characters. Remember, your character is an upstanding citizen of Daggerford (see below).

Other Notes: I also make use of the Rob2e extensions for class abilities, racial features, magic items, spells, etc. If you are unfamiliar with these and/or don't have access to them, I encourage you to wait to make your character until the 0 session, so I can show you how to use them. Additionally, I'll make the 5th Edition Feats module available for use as well.

Details of your scenario: Duchess Morwen of Daggerford is having guests for dinner - and you are invited. No strangers to Daggerford, you have come to the town's defense on more than one occasion, and you count Lady Morwen as a friend and a benefactor.

A cool autumn breeze blows through the streets as you make your way to the keep. As you dine on hot, spicy soup and tenderly cooked pheasant, you can tell that the duchess seems more out of sorts than usual. Then a pall comes over the occasion as she voices her concern about a band of wayward travelers camped outside the town's walls. They seemed harmless at first, but Morwen has received reports that they have begun harassing townsfolk and other visitors as they come and go, demanding money and wine, and threatening to put hexes on anyone who doesn't pay up.

Yesterday, the duchess ordered several guards to scare away the mysterious visitors, but they couldn't get the job done. When the guards returned, they spoke sympathetically about the visitors. It seemed as if the guards had been magically charmed.

Morwen doesn't want an armed conflict, but she aims to send a stern message to the visitors and asks you to deliver it on her behalf. "If they don't leave before dawn," she says, "I'll burn their wagons to the ground."

Your characters will start in Daggerford - your reasons for being there are up to you. Note that you are relatively well known in Daggerford, have made a home there for yourselves, and are trusted by the major authorities.

You can find out more about Daggerford here. The current year in the Forgotten Realms is 1491 DR.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3366
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; February 3rd, 2019 at 01:49.

Very interested in this. Will send you a backstory asap.

Roger that! Don't forget to go to the sign up on the calendar, too.

Liking it so far. I'm interested if you'll have me.

Strixer, great!

5/5 full up. Don't post your character info, after all.
    Last edited by Atreides Ghola; February 3rd, 2019 at 04:06.

I basically want to make an archer. Just haven't decided if it's going to be the Fighter kind or go with Ranger. But for slot sake and helping others decide, I'll go down as "Human Ranger."

Gotcha. Put "Human Ranger" in your character description on the calendar. Check your PM's, too.

I would be very interested in this campaign.

I see the archer spot has already been claimed. I don't know if you'll allow a second one or would rather prefer a well-rounded party.

Party composition is something you all should discuss. I won't make any restrictions - but I strongly recommend a cleric(s). Because, you know; vampires and all.

I like ranged characters. I'd be happy playing a cleric too. I can't remember but I definitely saw clerics wielding crossbows. Could use slings too I guess. Is there somewhere I can look at to figure it out.

Also I have FG Std edition with Savage Worlds ruleset. I have not played D&D5 but have played Savage Worlds. Do I need to get anything?

Thread Information