STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

[LFP] Homebrew D&D 5e Game - Saturdays

ALL of the below is subject to change . . .

(New Player Friendly)

FG License: GM has FG Classic Ultimate License (meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Game System: D&D 5E (Homebrew)

Time Zone: US Central Daylight Time [GMT-5] (Current Local Time)
    Day of week and time: Saturday Time: 7:00-10:00 PM CDT (GMT -5)
    If new game, planned start date: Currently running Campaign
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Every other Week
    Term: Short-Long term campaign (depending on continued player interest)

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord (see directly above)
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
    Number of Players in game & needed: 2-5
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level, Equipment based on Background
    Character/Campaign restrictions: A D&D 5e game trying to capture an old school feel (see below);
    • Class: Fighter, Wizard, Cleric or Rogue only (from the PHB)
    • Race: Human (no variant), Dwarf or Elf only (from the PHB)
    • Attributes: 4d6 and drop the lowest, rolled in front of the GM and placed in any order or you can roll n the discord channel (no Standard Array, Point Buy)
    • Background Tweaks: Besides a standard Background (from the PHB), players will also choose from a realistic dark age/medieval 'Viking' based occupation and incorporate that into their background/concept (a list and details will be provided).
    • Deity: Choose from 1 of 10 (a list and details will be provided).
    • Alignment: D&D Alignment replaced with Morality system (a list and details will be provided).
    • Optional/Variants Rules: Healers Kit Dependency (no others will be used such as feats, flanking, etc).
    • Backstory: Do NOT create this yet but it’s ok to be working on a generic idea. There will be many regional factors involved including where you are from, whom your parents are, etc., (it can be pretty detailed and involved so you may want to hold back on that until we start character creation).
    • Magic: Magic is mostly legal, as long as it doesn't involve demons or affect human souls. Those are the areas governed by the evil gods and are illegal in most areas. Where they are legal they are closely guarded by the evil churches. Conducting such spells will result in the mage being accused of witchcraft. This accusation can also occur if a person claims they are being harmed by magic. Witchcraft is punishable by execution. Cleric spells require faith in a particular deity are considered miracles performed by a god and not magic. Wizard spells require skill and learning, invocations and are considered magic. Wizards and Clerics alike get upset when someone confuses magic and miracles.

Details of your scenario:
    Details are still being worked out as the campaign continues but for now, you are members of a rebellious Viking (Ivinian) Clan (in other words, to the rest of the Viking world, you are just a bunch of pirates). At some point, you are summoned by and subsequently ‘tasked’ by your lord to visit a settlement far off to the south to investigate problems going on there. The lord of this settlement is a distant cousin of your lord so great favor can be gained, or lost if you screw it up!

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=4486

NOTE: No evil characters, min-maxers or disruptive players will be tolerated. We are here to have fun not antagonize each other. Most of us get enough of that in real life already.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; May 24th, 2020 at 21:28. Reason: updated setting information
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Have 2 players so far so still plenty of room. Could use at least one Cleric or Wizard but more Fighters and Rogue are welcome too. Please read the Character/Campaign restrictions before making a commitment.

AND, despite what the previous post may indicate, this will definitely be a new player friendly campaign.

Added the a link to the Gamecalendar page in the 1st post.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; February 2nd, 2019 at 19:39.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    For those interested and who have Discord. You can direct message me "GunnarGreybeard#9935" and do your rolls there if you want. I can also be reached via the FG Discord. I believe the roll code is "!3d6" (without the quotes). Make 6 rolls and you can put them in order of preference. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; February 5th, 2019 at 11:23.

I am super interested but I might need help building a character

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forresn View Post
    I am super interested but I might need help building a character
    No worries, we can do that.

What time zone are you in and what times available? We are currently leaning towards this being a daytime game, like 2-5 PM CST [GMT-6]). You may also want to sign up on the Game Calendar and Discord channel (links in my signature). AND I would highly recommend reading through the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria.

I am pacific time and I’m available 24/7.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forresn View Post
    I am pacific time and I’m available 24/7.
    Ok, I added you to the Game Calendar and sent an invite. You will need to accept that to the see the info in there. You should also have Discord access.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; February 5th, 2019 at 22:19.

Blog Entries
    Official Campaign (first session) start date is Wednesday, Feb 13th @ 01:00 PM (CST/GMT-6) so should be a pretty Euro friendly time. I will run with a minimum of 2 regular players (up to 5) and still have a slot or 2 open if anyone still wants in. Details and Game Calendar link are in the 1st post of this thread.

I'm new to online play but played old school paper and dice 2nd edition D&D for years. Its been a whiel since I played but have been interested in gettting back into it. IDK if you still need players, let me know if you have interest in me joining the party. thx

Afternoons work best for me, I work from home and in EST time zone, but some what flexible.
    Last edited by glvsav37; February 8th, 2019 at 04:05.

Blog Entries
    Hello glvsav37.

We do have 4 players right now but we can probably squeeze in player especially if we have a no show once the campaign starts. You may also want to sign up on the Game Calendar and Discord channel (stats are being rolled in Discord). The links are in my signature AND I would highly recommend reading through the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; February 8th, 2019 at 11:39.

Thread Information