DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I want to add UI elements, but unsure where to start.

I'm feeling fairly confident with adding new races and classes now after seeing where I made some mistakes with manual XML editing but want to start learning how to add to the UI. Like I did not see anyone that has incorporated the Drop Dead Studios, Sphere system. I'm not sure what I need to be looking into to add like a new tab to the character sheets for the altered magic effects or if I want to go in and add for caster level and spell point elements to combat tab, etc. Any pointers for where to start researching?

Blog Entries
    Find a basic extension - eg one that only changes one or two things and then pull it apart and see how things work.
    You might try something like one of the Sanity extensions for 5E or Hero Points extension.
    Adding an extra tab - start with record_char.xml and you will see the references (at least 2) required to add another tab - usually record_char_something.xml

Start small - work out how to add one thing at a time only.

thank you, so I have the Hero Point extension and I can see some of how it alters some elements but where do I find the base character sheet file to compare what they're altering vs the original state?
    Last edited by ResplendentDarkness; January 31st, 2019 at 03:47.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResplendentDarkness View Post
    thank you, so I have the Hero Point extension and I can see some of how it alters some elements but where do I find the base character sheet file to compare what they're altering vs the original state?
    Things are going to be inherited. So they Start with the CoreRPG Ruleset, then the 5E Ruleset, then the Extension. Typically files will have same/similar names. The recommendation usually is to make a copy of the rulesets, extract them, then use Find in Files from Notepad ++ for the string you are looking for.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Recommend putting the unzipped somewhere other than rulesets directory or you will forget at next upgrade and wonder why things aren’t working because an unpacked ruleset takes precedence over the .pak file. I have an unpacked rulesets folder I keep all my unpacks in

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information